Complimenting good service

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by DCA1K, Jun 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DCA1K

DCA1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Who do you contact to recognize good service? DP and I stayed at the Marriott Copley Place in Boston and had a delightful encounter with one of the concierge lounge attendants. Prior to check out, I asked the front desk who the manager was and was told it was David Giblin. I confirmed this on recent press releases and sent an email to david.giblin at marriott.com, but the email bounced.

Any suggestions as to how to compliment this employee? The website drives you to the MR portal. That doesn't seem like the right place to leave my feedback.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call the hotel. A personal Phone Call complimenting an employee is always appreciated and then you can ask the manager for an email so that you can send a written compliment to put "in the Employee's File"

I love it when I get a call from a customer complimenting a specific employee.

marcwint55 and sobore like this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would second the comment about calling the hotel. I've stayed there and received great service from all I dealt with.

4. DCA1K

DCA1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I will do it.

5. DCA1K

DCA1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just to give an update. I ended up calling the hotel and was given an email address to use. I subsequently heard back from the Executive Assistant to the hotel manager and the Front Office Manager. Both were effusive in their appreciation, which was very nice and suggests to me that this hotel values its quality staff. This was a good experience all around.

6. jk2
    Original Member

jk2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    We stayed in Marriott Boston in Copley Place in February 2012 and also were very pleased with lounge attendants. I sent e-mail to hotel manager (Mr. Giblin) with my appreciation and actually got a response from him. That was a good experience.

7. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I normally will write a compliment at Marriott.com because I do want the corporate to know that someone is doing the right thing.

8. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also send compliments thru marriott.com. They have replied with appreciation and note that they're sharing my comments with the hotel's GM and staff. It's my hope that the hotel will continue to perform well, and that corporate appreciates their efforts.