Complimentary Wi-Fi for All Guests Launching in February

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by J Zidell VP Hyatt, Dec 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. J Zidell VP Hyatt

J Zidell VP Hyatt Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear milepoint members,

I wanted you to be among the first to know that in February 2015, Hyatt hotels will be offering free Wi-Fi to all guests at all hotels and resorts worldwide independent of booking channel. Platinum and Diamond members will get a complimentary upgrade to premium Wi-Fi service where available. Guests will be able to access free Wi-Fi on an unlimited number of mobile devices in Hyatt-branded guest rooms and social spaces.

Internet connectivity is an integral part of daily life and essential for today’s traveler. Our guests should not have to remember which brands or locations offer it for free and which do not.

In addition to complimentary Wi-Fi, the new year will also bring a new Hyatt Gold Passport promotion. Be sure to register beginning January 12, 2015 to learn what your exclusive offer is so you can earn thousands of bonus points on stays through April 30, 2015. Check your inbox in January for more details.

Wishing you a very happy holiday season and a New Year filled with good health, happiness and peace.

Safe travels,

Jeff

jetsetr, Dublin_rfk, YULtide and 12 others like this.
  2. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, that is a crazy change. I am curious how the argument with that this will drive more business vs the loss of revenue. Makes me think most aren't willing to pay for internet anyways.

Dublin_rfk and uggboy like this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Competitive pressure? Haven't IHG, Marriott and SPG recently made Wifi pricing changes as well?

4. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a very welcome change. Having to pay more for internet access always was a deterent to stay a hotel. This will make my hyatt stays anf I'm sure legions of others more enjoyable!

uggboy likes this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, but at the same time it makes you wonder if there will be a replacement benefit for those elites that already had this.

Of course a lot of it is self serving on my part... I understand that this is a welcome change, but as a repeat Hyatt Diamond, already knowing that this was a given, it's a bit of a non-news item to me, and just one less item on the list of exclusive benefits.

uggboy likes this.
  6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, though they generally limit it to members of their loyalty program and/or to direct bookings.

7. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    Free wifi! Now maybe some of the wifi malcontents from other chains will flock over.
    Wifi, free or not is not very high on my decision chain for hotel booking.
    It is one less concern and it will be however a nice perk for the causal user.