Compensation for no entertainment system

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by vantagepointe, Jan 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. vantagepointe

vantagepointe Member

Status Points:
    Just finished a 6 1/2 hour flight on Delta and the entertainment system was out the entire trip. With 2 children traveling with me this really was a pain. The flight attendants indicated we should complain. My question is what is considered average compensation in Skymiles for some thing like this? I am Diamond, not sure if that matters. Thanks for any insights you all may have.

2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    A good question! All I can add to this string is that once occurred on UA Trans-Atlantic flight I was on (entertainment system DNF) while seated in steerage class, and was coupled with a lack of choice for "meals", as well as non-functioning bathrooms (a fun flight!). Upon deplaning, we were handed $200 credit chits for future use with UA. Based upon feedback in another string, UA doesn't do this (hand out credit chits) anymore, and it doesn't sound like they would be willing to hand out miles either. :(

My recommendation would be to write and mail a snail-mail letter to DL (not simply email), and you may perhaps receive miles compensation. Good luck! ;)

Sammich and Gargoyle like this.
  3. vantagepointe

vantagepointe Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I agree, the landscape for comp. seems to be changing.

Sammich and Newscience like this.
  4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was on DL16 (SYD-LAX) earlier this month and the IFE system was shut for the entire flight.

The FA came around to the pax in the J cabin with a Windows Phone and took our FF#s, entering it in some sort of app she had. She said we'd get 15,000 miles each for the inconvenience. Earlier this week, those miles posted.

I got a chance to look at her app, and there were two choices she had regarding IFE compensation...length of flight (over or under 4 hours) and HVC (high value customer) or not. The 15,000 mile award auto-populated once she answered the two questions.

She had to enter the seat number, too. HVC would include certainly higher elites and those in the premium cabin.

If you have PM status or above, I suspect you could get 15,000 miles for each pax on your PNR.

Sammich and Newscience like this.
  5. rookie10

rookie10 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was told 15k standard issue for each non-operating IFE in the scenario you provided.

Flyer1976, Newscience and Sammich like this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Considering the flights were 75k each way (ignoring the value of the local flights within Oz also on the award), I'd gladly go w/o IFE for 20% off! :)

Flyer1976, Newscience and Sammich like this.
  7. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Every issue I've ever had has been compensated with 15,000 SM! It didn't seem to matter what was wrong....inoperative flatbed seats, IFE.....all were 'resolved' with a quick 15,000 SM. I have almost a million miles saved, so to me, it wasn't such a great deal.

Newscience and Flyer1976 like this.
  8. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Domestic IFE issues > offered 7500 miles. I was in first. I have no status.
    I responded that I would prefer a $100 cert. My wish was granted.

gregm and Flyer1976 like this.
  9. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would prefer immediate upgrade to Diamond level but would accept Platinum :)

gregm, WilliamQ and MSYgirl like this.
  10. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought I was going to experience this first hand on my recent flight from LAX to NRT.
    (Un)fortunately, the IFE came up after the crew reboot my system.

gregm and FetePerfection like this.