Compensation for broken seat

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by PtsHawg, Nov 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. PtsHawg
    Original Member

PtsHawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    A couple of weeks ago, I was travelling CDG-YUL and received (from the SD) a compensation form to fill out as a result of a completely non functioning seat in Executive First. I filled it out and chose future travel credit (versus miles) which the FA then said he would send through "internal mail". Does anyone have any experience with this? Just wondering how much to expect and when. SD said it would be about 3 weeks, but form says contact them only after 60 days. Any guesses on the amount one may get from this kind of thing?

2. For a non functioning TV monitor on a domestic flight they give 5% discount on a future flight. No idea what they give for a broken seat in J

3. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Broken seat in J YVR-HKG back in 2010 landed The Charming Plus One a $500 flight credit and a bottle of bubbly as we deplaned. Turned out to be a great deal since it was the 1am departure, the seat semi-reclined and I was completely used to sleeping sitting up in a domestic J seat at that point in time. We never did find the cork when we opened the bottle for 8am drinks in the hotel though.

PtsHawg and YULtide like this.
  4. PtsHawg
    Original Member

PtsHawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    We'll that's not too shabby then. We'll see I guess. I'll give it another week or so and then I will update once I hear back.

5. PtsHawg
    Original Member

PtsHawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    The verdict is in: $500 future travel credit. Not too bad:D

6. reasonable but with the surcharges thye still make money on the ticket.......all is fair in love and war:cool:

7. PtsHawg
    Original Member

PtsHawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Base fare was $317 rt + YQ was $218 rt, so close to a wash...

8. Deal2020

Deal2020 Silver Member

Status Points:
    $500 is super! I only got 5k aeroplan miles last time to Seoul when the TV is not working.