Companion Pass Question

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Steven Schwartz, Jun 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Getting ready to use my second next week and beginning to plan for the third next June.

My question is - we are looking into going to Portugal. Ideally, we would fly JFK-LCY-FAO to start in the Algarve. Also interested in trying the LCY all-Business flight. Would like the return to be LIS-LHR-EWR and have that in First. Can we mix First and Business on a Companion ticket or do we have to go one or the other?

Thanks for the feedback.

Steve

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is no problem at all. You can mix classes of service; and your proposed routing will be fine.

The big requirements are you (a) must fly on BA metal, (b) originate your itinerary in the USA (for Chase US cardmembers) and (c) must match your companion's itinerary exactly.

Enjoy the trip!

3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    One other thing - I booked some award seats not too long ago on BA. I was having a hard time getting the itinerary to come up as bookable online, though it was fully permitted and available. I called to make the bookings over the phone. When I told them the website wasn't considering my routing valid, they waived the telephone booking fee without me even asking for a waiver.

jwsky likes this.
  4. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great. Thanks for the quick response - all I wanted to know.

Now I just have to wait a month or so to be able to book next June.