Companion Club World seat selection

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by LXJenkins, Mar 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm flying BA Club World for the first time with my wife. Our daytime flight on a 747-400 (70 bus. seats) has wide open seat availability - basically, all of the lower level as well as 64A/B and J/K on the upper deck. In terms of traveling with a companion, which seats do you recommend? If I chose 64A/B would we be able to easily chat or would we be better off taking an E/F on the lower level?

2. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    Go upstairs, purely for the novelty factor if nothing else.

The whole E/F thing has always confused me. Surely, if you want to talk to someone, it is easier to be sitting facing them (as you are in any other pair of CW seats) than sitting next to them?! And those middle pairs stink - you don't even have aisle access.

The only good reason to take them is that you saving 2 random strangers from being forced into those seats, which is the equivalent of sharing a double bed with a stranger for 6-12 hours.

3. LXJenkins
    Original Member

LXJenkins Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking the same thing - however, 14E/F don't seem too bad and, assuming we opted for lower level, would be our likely first choice. My one reservation with the upper deck is sitting in 64B or 64J. As a good husband, my wife would get the coveted A or K - how is it sitting in B or J? Especially, as you're so close to the WC.

4. Whatwasthat...
    Original Member

Whatwasthat... Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi LX. My wife & I are about to take our first BA Club World flight in a couple weeks and we received a lot of great advice about seats-together on this Forum under my post about "Pre-Reserving Seats In Club World". Some folks even shared their pictures of the seat layouts. Hope this will help you as it did me. Cheers!