Comp Pass qualif pts (CPQP) in 2012?

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by greek2me, Jan 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. greek2me

greek2me Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking for posts from those who have had RR pts post thus far in 2012. What types of points are or are not CPQP in the new year? I have 50k CC bonus that should post end of month. I am considering transferring other program points into RR now to get CP but want to know if anyone has had CC bonus or transferred pts from any programs hit their acct in 2012 and count as CPQP. I'l probably do a small test run to see and I will update as my pts hit with my results.

2. mikesteg

mikesteg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have heard that when UR points become transferrable (tomorrow?) they will not be CPQP. That could suggest that other changes will be taking place as well, but I haven't heard of other changes... yet.

Good luck! I'd love to score a CP early in the year and (ab)use it for 23 months! :D

3. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had both 50k bonuses for my personal and biz CC post simultaneously in Jan 5. All 100k points were counted toward my CP qualification.

mdbradenjr, jmrich1432 and Lyssa like this.
  4. greek2me

greek2me Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I have seen others confirm that transferring Marriott pts into RR are still CPQP in 2012. I am testing a couple of other programs as well.

5. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Silver Member

Status Points:
    I assume the answer is no, but is it possible to transfer RR points from one account to another and have those count as CPQP, even at a ratio worse than 1:1?

6. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:
    To my knowledge, there is no way to transfer RR points from one person to another. My husband has just a handful of RR points and I wish he could transfer them to me, but no go.

I am close to earning the CP, so I'm going to hopefully have him use those points to top off his old credits, get a standard award, book the standard award in my name, then come with me as a companion. That is the best use I can see if your companion just has a few points and some old credits.

7. greek2me

greek2me Silver Member

Status Points:
    Update- Choice pts transferred into RR in 2012 did post as CPQP as well.

8. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can also confirm Choice points posted as CPQP.

I expect to have some points post from the RR online shopping portal in the upcoming weeks. I will report back with my findings.

9. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    For those of you who have qualified for the CP already, are the CC signup bonus points also counting towards A-List preferred status? It seems like they should, but can anyone verify?

10. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    No they do not count. Unless I'm mistaken, the only points that count toward A-List would be Tier Qualifying Points. These points are earned on actual flights and as a bonus with the Rapid Rewards Premier Visa (1,500 tier points for every $10,000 in spend).

Casey Friday likes this.
  11. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Finally got the points from my RR online shopping portal purchase back in December. They did not count toward my CP qualification.

Edit: I've seen another report that says the RR online mall points for purchases made in 2012 do in fact count toward CP. It could very well be that my points counted toward 2011 but I have no way of verifying that now.

Casey Friday likes this.
  12. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Ah, I now see the difference.

A List & A List Preferred = Tier Qualifying Points
    Companion Pass = Qualifying Points

Mystery solved!

13. Up&Away

Up&Away Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know if bonus points earned from Teleflora count towards CPQP? My suspicion is no, but thought I would check. I'm hoping (though am not going to wait too much longer to see) that they will bump the bonus to 1500 pts before Easter like they did for Valentines. If they did that, and if the points count, then I could get over 10k points for $315 or thereabouts and people would be thrilled to be receiving flowers from me for Easter.

14. onlybeef42
    Original Member

onlybeef42 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Valenite's Day Teleflora bonus counted as CP Qualifing points for me. As did a redemption of E-Rewards for points.

Casey Friday and Up&Away like this.
  15. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Status Points:
    How did you redeem e-rewards dollars for RR points? I don't see RR in the redemption section, so I'm guessing you transferred them to Choice Rewards and then transferred them into RR?

16. sellthesedownfalls

sellthesedownfalls Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was invited to e-rewards through Southwest, and I can redeem for RR points - $25 e-rewards = 500 points. Just did so last week, in fact!

17. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Ah, that's probably it. I don't remember who I was invited to join E-Rewards through, but I've always used it for $100 = 7,000 HHonors points. I've redeemed $300 so far, and currently at the $60 level again.

18. onlybeef42
    Original Member

onlybeef42 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do not know who I used either, but I have the option for both HHonors and Rapid Rewards :).
    $25 Level

[​IMG]500 Rapid Rewards Points

$50 Level

[​IMG]1,000 Rapid Rewards Points

$100 Level

[​IMG]2,000 Rapid Rewards Points

19. muflyer

muflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does Southwest actually post somewhere, a list of Companion Pass qualifying activities?

20. dietrjm

dietrjm Active Member

Status Points:

They do, but it's sort of vague:

Do the points I earn with Partners help qualify me for a Companion Pass?​
    Yes. Points earned from flying Southwest Airlines, exclusive of bonuses or promotions (unless otherwise noted), as well as points earned through Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Partners, count toward qualification for Companion Pass.

How do I qualify for a Companion Pass in the All-New Rapid Rewards program?​
    To qualify for a Companion Pass, you will need to earn 110,000 points from any combination of Southwest Airlines flights and Rapid Rewards Partners per calendar year, or fly 100 Southwest Airlines one-way qualifying flights per calendar year.

Basically, here's what counts as CPQPs:
    • Base points earned on flights (A-List/A-List Preferred bonus points do not count)
    • Points earned through partners (hotels, car rentals, etc. Only base points count, not bonus points earned during promotions)
    • Points earned and transferred in from SW branded CCs (only SW branded CCs count, no Chase UR points)
    The bonus points you get for the signup bonus DO count toward CP qualification. The points are transferred from Chase into your SW account in as one lump sum; SW doesn't differentiate between bonus points and those earned from spend. The bonus points you earn on you card member anniversary also count toward CP qualification.
    I hope I got this right, and I hope this helps!

21. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mikus33 likes this.
  22. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
  23. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife is up to 95% qualification for the CP. If my credit card spend (anticipated) won't make it by 31 December, I'll move Marriott points over to SW. https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morerew.mi

Southwest Airlines
    Reward
    2,000 Rapid Rewards Points

5,000 Rapid Rewards Points

10,000 Rapid Rewards Points

25,000 Rapid Rewards Points

50,000 Rapid Rewards Points

24. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
  25. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:

Crossed the 100% mark this afternoon. WooHoo. I'm driving my wife crazy.

I'm planning on visiting:

GEG
    BOI
    SEA
    CHS
    BNA
    FLL

... and that's just to start. :D

A note of thank to Darius at www.millionmilesecrets.com for the tutorial way back when.

Mikus33 likes this.