Community Support for Orbits Flying Eye

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by JasonH, Feb 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JasonH
    Original Member

JasonH Silver Member

I know we all have our favorite charity, but forgive me for being a bit forward in putting Orbis out there and despite being completely unaffiliated with them other than a donor to their cause asking for others to help out this cause.

I have two friends who have to use a seeing-eye dog everyday and one friend who lost sight in one eye from his service to the United States. While the service of the DC-10 Flying Eye couldn't have helped them it does make me more aware of what the loss of sight can do to a person's life. Orbis is planning to replace their venerable DC-10-10 (second off the production line and registered N220AU) with a "new" aircraft (a DC-10-30 donated by FedEx) to better serve those that could benefit from sight saving and restoring surgery.

If everyone here at MilePoint was to make even a small donation, we could go a long way to helping Orbis keep the Flying Eye mission alive and help even more people.

Mods: If you want to move this or deal with this in some other way I'm fine with it, it just seemed a Community Center kind of post.

Edit... BAH! Spellchecker changed my title.. Mods could you remove that blasted 't' from the title.