Commendations for good basic UA functionality of late

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by redtailshark, Sep 6, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Recent travel has included some irops and on the whole, the UA 1K agents have been helpful and solution-oriented. There have been two very unhelpful ones, but most of the others have really tried to make things work.

All my GPU's so far have cleared, not always at booking time, but nevertheless, well before the gate. Including one for BRU for a flight months ahead.

I'm receiving extra EQM bonii as published for significant exceedance of 1K thresholds - RPU/GPU - and these are useful. Meantime, fam and I are about to make extra spend thresholds and trigger RDM bonuses. I don't expect CPU although I'd say UG percentage is running > 50% overall on eligible routes this year. The free food item and beverage for 1Ks is a useful benefit especially when I fly three eligible sectors a day....The coffee has improved, too. Even better food choices in TATL Y are welcome.

Most flight crews have been similarly welcoming and helpful, with a small number of exceptions.

Yes, there have been delays/irops but so too, on BA and AA for me this summer.

So, overall, in spite of recent cuts, I still find UA more useful/valuable than the others.

There are plenty of areas for improvement still.

UA.COM is clunky and much less useful/efficient for booking than it was five years ago. The old, simple CO.COM was great, agile, fast, serving the purpose. I hate it when companies "upgrade" to the invasive, clunky, annoying and inefficient mobile-type web interfaces... I also don't appreciate the bad-apple CSRs - either gate agents or phone agents - making things up to justify denial of service when in fact, the requests fall within UA published policy. I wish I received the customer survey invite after my interactions with those two...

But, compared with for example, the red demons - who are * mejor en su clase * without doubt and who haven't received a dime of my revenue itins for more than two years - UA delivers better product.

I really hope the management doesn't destroy what good things remain about MP.

Dublin_rfk, 8MiHi and bmg42000 like this.
  2. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also have experienced the same. Over all I have been pretty happy with UA and hope they continue to improve with "age";)

8MiHi likes this.
  3. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    Chiming in to agree. UA is not my airline of choice, but the flights I've taken on them recently have been great. Looks like they may finally be returning to pre-merger levels of service!

8MiHi likes this.