Comfort Inn & Suites, Milwaukee Lakeshore

Discussion in 'Choice | Privileges' started by rajuabju, Feb 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Stayed here in January for 1 night on a business trip.

I'm a Comfort Gold member (due to their CC, not # of stays). I was upgraded to a small suite (surprised as heck, as this is the first time I was ever upgraded) with a king bed.

Overall the room was pretty darn nice, especially for a Choice property. Location near the airport was great, as my business was only a few miles away, so I liked the convenience of the location considering I had a 7am flight departure.

Staff was friendly at check-in and recognized my Gold status (also a first-ever). I dont know if it was because this is a property which has suites as well or what, but certainly was nice of them.

Breakfast was nice, typical options that they always offer, bagels, donuts, cereal, juices, milk, coffee. They did have some fruit like bananas, oranges, apples also available.

Internet was fast, for a hotel. I was able to watch youtube video's without lag that often happens at many hotels with wireless internet. This happened to be particularly nice since I had to download a few large email attachments (powerpoint stuff).

Not sure I'll ever be back to milwaukee, but if I do, I'd consider this place again for sure.
    Exiled in Express likes this.
  2. So that was on Lakeshore downtown? I'm confused a bit because you say it was so close to the Airport. There is another Comfort Suites even closer near the airport as well, property code WI065. Its listed as being in "Oak Creek" I think but its just a suburb. I have stayed at both the lakeshore and near the airport and I have to say I definitely prefer the one next to the airport. Every room has a fridge, the staff are nice too, there is a good breakfast as well, and the internet isn't too bad either. I just like the rooms mostly. Especially because of the fridge. Sometimes if you get an upgrade as a Diamond member you could get a hot tub but I really don't have the time for that. I like the location a lot better than lakeshore. Parking at lakeshore is in an ultra tiny lot and you have to pay for it. Near the airport there is plenty of free parking and the freedom to drive to nearby restaurants without dealing with downtown traffic. (And, I think the rates are cheaper!!)