Combining points for redemption

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by chz2215, Jan 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    When booking an award reservation can I use points from my wife's account as well as mine? Marriott allows me to do it without paying to transfer but I have never tried it with Hyatt.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes.

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer-service/gp-terms-conditions.jsp
    Member may combine the necessary number of Hyatt Gold Passport points from their Hyatt Gold Passport account with those in one other specifically designated Hyatt Gold Passport account in order to have a sufficient number of points to redeem a particular award. A single member may only participate in a point combining transaction (transferring or receiving of points) once every 30 days. In order to combine Hyatt Gold Passport points, the following requirements must be met:
    1. Member must have an active account to be eligible to combine points.
    2. A Hyatt Gold Passport Point Combination Request Form must be completed and signed by both Hyatt Gold Passport members and submitted to Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service. Forms are available by calling 1-800-51 HYATT (1-800-51-49288) or by visiting goldpassport.com.
    3. Hyatt Gold Passport points may be combined into only one member's account for redemption. Once issued in the designated member's name, the member transferring the Hyatt Gold Passport points will relinquish all rights to the combined Hyatt Gold Passport points. Only the number of Hyatt Gold Passport points necessary to redeem the specific award for which the transfer is being requested may be combined.

3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    the same is available with SPG

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually, it's better with SPG: you can transfer points from another household member (spouse?) to another without having to redeem. I regularly empty out my wife's account without redeeming.

lotso-bear and marcwint55 like this.
  5. chz2215

chz2215 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you! Very helpful info

marcwint55 likes this.