Combining EQM between OnePass and MP

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by mgardner1, Dec 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mgardner1

mgardner1 Member

Status Points:
    I have EQM on OnePass that I want to transfer over to MP as this will put me over the top for Platinum for 2012. I can transfer the miles using their system, but I am not seeing how to make sure that the EQM are properly credited towards status (and not just as reward miles). Do I need to actually transfer them or will UA simply take the EQM balance in both accounts to calculate status for 2012?

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    You do not need to do anything. At the end of the year, your MP+OneP EQM = your elite status level

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    And if you link the accounts now there will be a sweep that happens in the background which updates the status in advance of the EoY merge which will actually not really happen until March when the new program really launches.

4. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you were to link accounts because you want your status to bump up before the end of the year for some reason, be aware that CO takes longer to register it in their systems. The fine print say it will happen within 10 business days. I usually saw a 3-4 day wait before UA upgraded my or my girlfriend's status. CO seemed always to wait until day 10.

5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    It took exactly 10 business days for CO to be updated in my case

6. TrippePanAM

TrippePanAM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine have not updated to match the new combined status yet...hmmmm

TAHKUCT likes this.
  7. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Send them an email. Even though their turn around time is at least few days now.

8. TrippePanAM

TrippePanAM Gold Member

Status Points:
    everything seems to be gettting slower:rolleyes:

9. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Somebody on another thread mentioned that they re-assigned some of the e-mail cs to answer phones due to large amount of phone calls.

10. EX-LAX

EX-LAX Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is this what is being discussed (SEE BELOW), and if so, can't it wait another 10 days until we see what happens?
    Me thinks, that unless one absolutely, positively, definitely, really, really needs these miles moved right now, between accounts, and having been advised on this board, that they are sort of screwed up at One Pass & Mileage Plus, as of late, along with being short handed, why push the issue?

2011 updates to note ---

EQM and EQS earned in both Mileage Plus and
    OnePass count toward 2012 status ---

On December 31, 2011, the EQM and EQS will be combined for 2012 elite status. For example: if you have 45,000 EQM with Mileage Plus and 10,000 EQM with OnePass, your balance on December 31 will be 55,000 EQM.
    • Mileage Plus and OnePass elite status miles (EQM) and elite status segments (EQS) earned in 2011 will be combined at the end of the year and count toward your 2012 status in the new program.
    As has been the prudent and safe method, in previous years, and especially should be this year, I would SUGGEST printing copies of EVERYTHING related to both accounts, pronto, just in case!

11. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    turn around time for email seems to be about a month, and calling is a nightmare. I recently spent 3:45:00 on HOLD to get an operator for COOP account support, and then 30 minutes more to have a new PIN issued and address changed.

This was after sending in documents more than two months ago, which did nothing.

Welcome to CO

12. EX-LAX

EX-LAX Silver Member

Status Points:
    Continental site has been down for several hours, which is another reason to run copies of everything in your accounts, when & if it gets fixed!!!

13. unroadwarrior
    Original Member

unroadwarrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have the same situation. Both accounts are linked and tested by transferring all my CO miles to UA, which happened instantly. It has been a week but still no update on the EQM being combined. I am taking printouts (withe dates). Things may go wrong as they start merging sites/systems/programs.