Combining Amex FHR W/ Hotel Loyalty Chains

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by EyeOnTheSkies, Jul 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. EyeOnTheSkies

EyeOnTheSkies Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know if rooms booked through Amex FHR accrue credits with LHW's Leaders Club and Kimpton's InTouch Program. Do the elite-level benefits of each program apply?

uggboy likes this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had no problem earning loyalty points....or getting status-related bonuses...when booking via FHR. I've done this under Ritz, SPG and LHW programs.

I've not done it with Kimpton, but I suspect you wouldn't have a problem.

uggboy likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    You get both program's elite benefits, and probably extra priority for an upgrade, but you cannot collect duplicate benefits such as four breakfasts for two people. Earning points should be no problem as long as the underlying rate is not ineligible for points.

However, if a particular benefit is of special interest or concern, you can ask an agent from AmEx PTS/CTS to call the property and document the answer.

hopscotch1 and uggboy like this.
  4. aramk

aramk Active Member

Status Points:
    When I stayed at the Park Hyatt Seoul last year (via Amex FHR), I was able to give my Hyatt Gold Passport number over the phone to the Amex representative. Points posted as quick as another stay.