Combine off-peak flight on USAirways metal with return on partner airline?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by lee71959, Oct 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. lee71959

lee71959 Active Member

Hey all,

A question for you Dividend Miles experts - I got a bunch of miles from the large SPG transfer bonus earlier this year and looking to make my first international trip on US Airways.

I'm looking to fly the following itinerary:
    1) PHL-PAR (late Feb)
    2) VCE-PHL (mid Mar)

February is "off-peak" for US Airways flights to Europe (including Paris) and I see some availability for the 30k off-peak biz class award flight in late February.

US Airways itself doesn't fly to/from VCE so I'd need to fly using partner airlines on the return.

Is it possible to book a biz-class itinerary that prices the outbound leg as an "off-peak" US Airways award (30k) and the return as a partner airline award (50k)?

I know that you can't use Dividend Miiles for one-ways, but seeing as how you can mix off-peak with non-off-peak on the US Airways website for round-trips (though only for US Airways metal), I'm hoping that something like what I'm asking is doable since it would save me 20k miles.

A corollary question:

Are you able to book open-jaw/stopover itineraries when flying only on US Airways metal?

I know you can for partner airlines and it would seem strange to not allow it on their own planes, but since you can't book it online, I'd guess you have to do it over the phone.

Thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to being a part of the community (I'm much better versed with AA/BA/United programs).
    PedroNY likes this.
  2. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

I wanted to bump this thread, as I was thinking of doing a similar thing and was wondering if there is any success.

Thank you,

3. Jg3

Jg3 Silver Member

I had this exactly open jaw question on the off peak awards with US. You can according to the US agent I spoke with. You can not book it online, but you can by calling in. I am gold with US, so I was able to get the phone fee waived.
    SC Flier likes this.