1. FORUMS NOW IN SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE

The forums will be read only during the maintenance window.
    We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll remove this notice once the maintenance is completed. The window is anticipated to be 1-3 days.

Combine Accounts Update

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Marriott Concierge, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Marriott Concierge
    Original Member

Marriott Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Members,

This weekend, we began the process of updating our systems to launch our new loyalty program.

At this time, we are excited to share that we have brought together all of our channels and members can now book all 6,700 hotels on Marriott.com, SPG.com and corresponding apps.

Later today, we are planning to rollout Combine Accounts functionality in batches to members to ensure site stability and a seamless user experience. When you log in to your account and see the prompt, you can then manually combine your accounts to view joint activity and one point balance. Accounts can only be combined by you, the member. Even if you linked your Rewards and SPG accounts prior to this change, you still need to take the action to combine your accounts once it is available to you.

To combine your accounts, all you need is your login info for both accounts. Combine and keep your Rewards number here. Prefer to keep your new SPG number? Combine here.

We are also aware of and are currently working to solve a few known issues impacting some members, particularly issues around status not displaying correctly.

As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.

8/20 Update

We are excited to announce that Combine Accounts functionality is now rolling out in batches to members through tomorrow. As a result, when members log in and see the prompt, they will now have the opportunity to combine their accounts.

Best regards,

Marriott Concierge

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  2. BMGRAHAM

BMGRAHAM Active Member

Status Points:
    Great news (although actually the ability to combine was there briefly early yesterday, I saw it with my own eyes!).

Here are some other issues that you may not be aware of:
    • Some suite night awards have disappeared (in my case it has gone from 8 available to 1)
    • When you make changes to the personal information in a profile, it can cause the date of birth to go back one day
    • Room preferences cannot be updated at the moment - when you try to save any changes you get an error message
    When you talk about status issues, hopefully you are aware that Ambassador status is missing for some members that should have it and that lifetime status is not showing even when the number of years and nights shown would entitle someone to status. Also for some SPG members in the activity history it's making references to activity that took place before February 2019 as if it were already 2019!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    iolaire likes this.
  3. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    When will it begin to display progress towards $20,000?

4. klaughl0

klaughl0 Active Member

Status Points:
    I tried a transfer to United airlines today. Nothing happened. Representative on phone told me - ALL TRANSFERS ARE ON HOLD - no idea of how long or when they would begin again according to phone rep?

Why wasn't this noted on transfer webpage?
    I can't cancel transaction.
    I can't complete the purchase of ticket with the miles.
    I'm stuck - WITH NO INFORMATION AT ALL ABOUT WHEN TRANSFERS WILL BE AVAILABLE AGAIN

5. ozstamps
    Original Member

ozstamps Silver Member

Status Points:
    What a MASSIVE fail.

Wasted 20 mins trying to combine both accounts which I am sure I already had done. The page urged my to try to do it even if you already had done so. What kind of advice is that?

Kept going around in loops, using the new password verify link they just emailed me (twice) and the idiots kept telling me that was the WRONG PASSWORD when I went forward.

Looking to make some bookings in Macau today, and gave up, and booked another chain.

They have had a year or more to get their act together. MASSIVE FAIL.

Went to look whether I made Lifetime Gold and no data on past stays showed up on Starwood site, and cannot access Marriott site.

FAIL

6. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Spoke to the call center yesterday to question my status (showing as Platinum Elite and should be Platinum Premier Elite) and ask about my YTD spend which still has not displayed.

They told me there are still lots of issues on status, lifetime status, etc. that haven't been resolved, but not to worry, I show as PPE on their system. They also provided me my $$$ ytd and said that, yes it should be displayed for me, but that functionality isn't working completely yet (some of my colleagues are seeing it).

I guess the key is patience, and check earning to make sure points are awarded at the actual status level not the "as displayed".

7. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tomorrow, as I understand it, is when the one-month hiatus ends and all should be running smoothly, right? I hope they have the Travel Package mess sorted out finally (but as the newsreaders on TV always say, "Time will tell").