Colorado Springs dealing with Waldo Canyon fire

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DenverBrian, Jun 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DenverBrian
    Original Member

DenverBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Travelsavant and LizzyDragon84 like this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do I understand right that the evacuations are all roughly north and west of the Garden of the Gods? So not near downtown, the old city, the Broadmoor, the airport, HOM or Randy's neighborhood? The news talks about east and west of I-25, but the maps look like the affected areas are all well west of the interstate.

Travelsavant likes this.
  3. DenverBrian
    Original Member

DenverBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's correct - the fire is in the northwest portion of the city, generally north of Fillmore. It hasn't hopped I-25. Yet.

Travelsavant and LizzyDragon84 like this.
  4. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    Thanks DenverBrian! The thread that's had some discussion on this topic: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/cos-fires.39036/ . A few HOM employees, including newbie me, are affected. Mountain Shadows (NW Colorado Springs) was hit bad and is a popular neighborhood here.

Old Colorado City is also on pre-evacuation currently. Changes in the wind are definitely ruling the fire directions right now. Luckily it's been helping Colorado Springs, but it's now pretty close to the Air Force Academy up north a bit. I've been evacuated twice and at this point I'm just hoping for the best and cheering on the firefighters. We all are here.

Mark

5. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, must be pretty frightening! Hang in there & know that all your friends here on MP on praying for you & the entire CO state right now.

Koschmar likes this.