College Plus

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by byroncheng, Feb 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. byroncheng
    Original Member

byroncheng Silver Member

I'm sure many of you know about college plus,6867,3106,00.html where you get 10k miles on graduation from college (needs prior registration)

Just curious to see about how long it took people's miles to get posted (or if there was any sketchiness at all). UA says 4-6 weeks. I sent in a transcript recently, so i'll let you all know about when my miles come in.
    mowogo and yunicorner like this.
  2. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Congrats on graduating!
    byroncheng likes this.
  3. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

My son did it several years ago when he graduated, and it went through just fine. Just keep copies of everything.

BTW, College Plus, since November 2010, is not accepting new applications, but here's what you do if you are enrolled and are about to (or have already) graduate:
    Earn College Plus miles
    Graduation Bonus Instructions for College Plus Members Enrolled Before November 1, 2010
    Celebrate your college graduation with 10,000 bonus award miles (see United College Plus rules for details). To get your bonus, send the following information to the address below and miles will post to your account within 4-6 weeks of receipt:

• A copy of your final transcript showing that you graduated as a full-time student from a U.S. college or university*
    • Your United College Plus/Mileage Plus account number**
    • Your e-mail address.

Mileage Plus, Inc.
    P.O. Box 40
    Rapid City, SD 57709
    Attn: College Plus Graduation

* Copy of official transcript must be received within 12 months of graduation.
    ** You must be a member of College Plus prior to graduation to be eligible for bonus miles.
  4. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

It took less than 2 weeks for my account to be credited with my 10k miles when I graduated from b-school with my MBA last year.