Collecting Miles As A Beginner?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Reader Owen left the following comment on the Ask Lucky page a few weeks ago, but I'm just now getting to answering in-depth: Hi, Ben. I have a friend at work who plans to go from DC (any airport) to BKK via Tokyo (stop-over of 5 days) and asked for my help. She is looking for two first (preferably) or business class tickets. I plan to refer your booking service. She and her husband have almost no credit cards but great credit, which should make it easy to get enough miles and points before May next year, which is when they want to go. Which points and miles should I recommend, and how many? Should I have them contact you now? I’m thinking Chase Ultimate rewards and Amex MRs, in addition to other miles, will provide the most options. ANA, AA, US Airways, Korean, and Singapore are potential airlines. Thanks. This is a common question, and it's understandably difficult for people who are new to our hobby to wrap their heads around the mileage requirements for award tickets. So I thought it might be helpful to go through my general approach for recommending a card strategy. The post Collecting Miles As A Beginner? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...