Colgan Flights Not Posting to OnePass?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by theBOAT, Sep 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

Has anyone else run into the issue where their Colgan-operated flights are not posting to your OnePass accounts? I have had 2 flights this week (one on 9/13 and another on 9/18) that have yet to post their piddly 500 miles / EQM's each. (They haven't shown up yet on my MileagePlus side, either.) Where, oh where, are my 1k miles...

theBOAT

2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    The flights are posting a lot slower. It took about two weeks for my flight on Colgan to post.

3. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well this stinks. I'm going to need them to post ASAP in order for a timely status upgrade. CO sucks in this department. No other way to say it.

4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Colgan was recently fined 1.9M by the FAA so maybe they're shaving off miles in order to recoup their losses...Kidding, I have noticed that CoEx segments post a little slower than Mainline segments for some reason ...

5. Tarpie
    Original Member

Tarpie Silver Member

Status Points:
    I took Colgan flights on 9/8 and 9/11. I used the missing miles form on co.com to report them as missing segments on 9/19. Today I noticed that they both posted, but I did not hear back from co.com, so I'm not sure if Colgan just got around to posting or if CO expedited the process. My experience FWIW.

6. nieder2
    Original Member

nieder2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    i've had 2 recently on 2 separate itins. 1 of them took about 2 weeks(which was credited to CO). The other, last weekend, posted in a day (which was credited to UA).

7. EX-LAX

EX-LAX Silver Member

Status Points:
    I needed to call after 2 weeks of waiting and they were posted later that evening to my CO #. I was also informed that Colgan flight will not post to MP and one needs to have them posted to their CO #, which is what I did.

I was informed that Colgan IS NOT a partner with UAL and thus I needed to have those miles applied to my CO account. This was after 3 different calls to MP and CO, for a 2nd and 3rd opinion.

8. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't wait more than 3 or 4 days. Generally CO, COEx, CO Connection should post in a few days. The last two times this happened to me, I phone CO and they could open up the ticket and see I have flown them. Then 24 hours later they would appear.

For what it's worth I also have had similar issues on CommutAir as well.

9. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Colgan is not a partner with UAL? That makes no sense to me, Colgan DOES operate Saab 340s out of IAD as the UA Ex label so that doesn't make sense at all.

10. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    To add, from UA Website;

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,53132,00.html

"Earn Mileage Plus miles on all qualifying Continental1 flights, except as noted in the chart below. You'll earn miles according to the booking class that you purchase."

The footnote 1, produces this:

"A Continental flight is defined as travel on Continental, Continental Micronesia, Inc., or certain flights marketed as Continental Express or Continental Connection (currently, ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., Chautauqua Airlines, Inc., Colgan Air, Inc. and Champlain Enterprises, Inc., d/b/a CommutAir) regularly-scheduled service."

Whomever you've spoken w/ at UA is plain wrong on not being able to earn miles

11. EX-LAX

EX-LAX Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey, that's what I thought, but 3 different people - 2 @ MP and the one at CO told me that Colgan IS NOT a partner with UA, and as such I could not receive MP miles, and that I could only receive them @ CO, which is what I did. No biggie as they will be joined in a few months anyway.
    The original question asked by the OP is how to get his miles from Colgan asap, and I needed to call CO a few weeks ago to get them credited, which was done w/i 24 hours.

I guess I could have hung up a 3rd time and asked someone else, but it was just as easy to call CO on the 4th attempt!

theBOAT likes this.
  12. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    To conclude my post, I tried to file a "missing miles" claim on CO.com, but received an error saying miles in that reservation had already been credited. So, I called the elite line, and a helpful agent tried to post the miles, but she said the system was already processing it, and it would show up the next day. She concluded that even though I got an error message from the website, it really did go in and process my 2 missing segments. YMMV...

theBOAT

13. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    My Colgan flights used to post pretty quickly. Since late July I've been averaging 4-5 weeks before they post.

14. HeathrowGuy
    Original Member

HeathrowGuy Gold Member

Status Points:
    As an aside, Colgan will disappear late this year or early next, and will instead operate under the Mesaba name.

15. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very true, but from everything I've heard, it will still be the Colgan crew running the show, and they are just changing to the Mesaba name to get away from the reputation that Colgan has earned

16. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    "Dislike" ;)

17. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    Forgot to post this a few days ago. Spoke to OPSC, they noted that the OP Program is having issues crediting the 4xxx series flights. They are working on it, it is a known issue. If you haven't received miles within 2 weeks, call and they will post them manually.

theBOAT likes this.