Coke Rewards

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by free_stuff_fan, Jun 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. free_stuff_fan

free_stuff_fan New Member

Status Points:
  2. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    MyCokeRewards can also be tracked through AwardWallet, which is what I use.

The only annoying thing is that the points expire 3 months after your last code, so AW always has them under "expiration notice."

3. free_stuff_fan

Status Points:
    Yes, i considered award wallet - just don't trust giving all my info to some website that i don't know much about. This free app reward buddy stores all your info on your phone - no websites to worry about.

4. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    On AwardWallet, you can choose to store your passwords locally on your own computer, which is the same as storing information on an iPhone. It's even more secure if you store it on a computer that isn't as mobile as a phone.

5. free_stuff_fan

Status Points:
    Really? I tried downloading on my iphone - but it requires me to sign up for an award wallet account - which always makes me nervous.

6. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The account is to keep a list of all your loyalty account numbers. You can choose to store the passwords on a local machine (which wouldn't work if you wanted to access it from your iPhone app).

Yeah, you are giving your loyalty numbers to a website, but a lot of people here trust AwardWallet to do that. Plus I feel better about giving my loyalty numbers to AW (and storing my password on my machine to access my accounts) than giving my loyalty number and password to an iPhone app that was released yesterday.

I'll check it out the next time I need to enter an MCR code, but the current setup (texting in a code, receiving a message back with confirmation + balance) works for me. Since checking AW is already part of my daily routine, it's easier to just stay on top of the balance/expiration date through that.

Frankly, the balance isn't as important a piece of info as the expiration date, since it's a 3-month cycle.

Max M likes this.
  7. free_stuff_fan

Status Points:
    Got it - makes sense, very valid points.