Coke reward - priority club points

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Gargoyle, Feb 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    grrr.

You can redeem 160 coke rewards points for 500 priority club points. I did that once before, just hit 161 points in my account, tried to redeem and it said "We're sorry, you have redeemed the maximum quantity for this item".

Just venting... There doesn't seem much else worth while to redeem the coke rewards points for.

2. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    Admirals Club day (not single visit) passes at 750 points and the occasional WN or FL hook.

kayet likes this.
  3. heels05
    Original Member

heels05 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Admirals Club Day Passes look like about the best deal. You get 6.6 cents per coke point. The Priority Club points get 1.875 cents per coke point.

I have never gotten into the coke points but I will def start saving up for a day pass when I see extra coke points around.

Gargoyle likes this.
  4. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks....did not know this!

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. You may want to consider accruing the coke points too.

I have seen 500 coke points for 2000 PC Points from time to time

6. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have found nothing else of value either. I redeemed rewards for 2 of the 500 priority club points, one each for me and my wife. Now I am just waiting for a 2,000 point priority club award to become available.

7. BobbyOrr
    Original Member

BobbyOrr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Keep accruing your Coke points and make sure to check their reward availability periodically. That program is about the goofiest and most confused I have ever seen. In 2007 and 2008 I was getting 850 Delta miles for 335 coke points. Then they dropped Delta as a reward. I then began taking Priority Club points at 500 for 156 Coke points. I would accrue the Coke points and buy the Priority Club points two 500 point awards at a time as they limited you to 2 PC rewards every 60 days. Then they changed the rules to limit you to one Priority Club reward per quarter. Then I saw they changed it again to make it one Priority Club reward per lifetime of your Coke Rewards account. Where is the logic in that? I don't drink a heck of a lot of Coke but I buy it in bulk when it's on sale and I've got the kids and their friends trained to toss me their codes all the time. I keep building a balance and I figure at some point Coke will add some attractive options or change the Priority Club rules back in my favor. And then I'll grab whatever I can from them.

Lyssa, Exiled in Express and Gargoyle like this.
  8. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks for all the info, I'll keep watching it.

9. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can also register your spouse or just register under another email address and get an additional PC Award.

10. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    The 2,000 PC point awards (for 630 coke points) disappeared late last year. I'm still hoping for another sighting, but it's a long time coming...

travelingmore likes this.
  11. Jim
    Original Member

Jim Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just gave up on the whole program... too much of a moving target.

icurhere2 likes this.
  12. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm about the same - I make a pile of caps and codes from 12-packs but won't even bother to enter codes unless there's enough codes to immediately redeem for more Coke products ...

13. NewCokeandTaco
    Original Member

NewCokeandTaco Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have only been involved with Coke rewards for a short time (4-5months). I went ahead and took the 500 PC points for 160 MyCoke points. The one per lifetime redemption is unfortunate. I am still waiting for the comeback (hopefully) of 2,000 Priority Club points.

Gargoyle likes this.
  14. i didn't realize the points expire, had never bothered to look at t&c, but just received an email stating the points would expire soon.

15. tarheelblue
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Mostly a nuisance factor, but I guess it cuts down on the number of orphan accounts. At least they give you sufficient warning that your expiration date is coming up. All that's needed to keep the points active is to enter one code every 90 days. A redemption will also reset the clock--easiest thing to do is just enter a sweepstakes that requires 3 points.

16. okay so as long as i enter a code the account is kept active that's a relief, I've accumulated nearly 700 points, was waiting for the return of the 2k PC offer, and thought all the cap keeping and data entry was futile. Thanks

17. tarheelblue
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Enter a code, or redeem a point, that's all it takes, kind of like most airline programs. Have to give MCR a thumbs-up for their expiration reminders, it would be nice if all point programs did it.

Tim O'Brien and NewCokeandTaco like this.
  18. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Today only: 500 Priority Club points for just 50 MCR points. (regularly 160 MCR)

The T&Cs say...
    Limit one (1) redemption per member per lifetime.​
    and
    Limit Two Redemptions Per Member Per Lifetime.​

But in practice, it seems to be allowing more to be cashed out for voucher codes and deposited into PC. It may be necessary to log out of the PC webpage after every 2 deposits. YMMV!

19. tarheelblue
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It does not appear to have any limit on the number of redemptions at this discounted rate. I think the limits stated above were cut and pasted from prior MCR T&C for PC points. Great deal for anyone sitting on a bunch of MCR points and/or unredeemed Coke codes.

20. baliparis
    Original Member

baliparis Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was able to redeem 7 @ 50pts and all points posted immediately. It is now 'Out of inventory'. There are some people on FT that redeemed 40+ times.

21. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    BACK IN STOCK! :cool:

I cleaned out my MCR account. All PC points have posted!

Gargoyle likes this.
  22. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems now that the one per lifetime limit has been lifted. Just redeemed a second 500 point voucher.

Tim O'Brien, savydog and Gargoyle like this.
  23. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lifted, or reset? Have you been able to redeem more than once recently?

24. tarheelblue
    Original Member

Status Points:
    There are several reports on FT of people redeeming for multiple 500 point PC rewards in the past few days.

Gargoyle likes this.
  25. NJUPINTHEAIR
    Original Member

NJUPINTHEAIR Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would think that if you signed up for the Southwest Coke Rewards promotion, you would get 60 points that also would keep your account alive for the next 90 days.