Coast to Coast Early Bird Sale! Save 15% on 2013 travel within Canada

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by ACMM, Oct 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Link

GoodBoy, YULtide and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Surely comes handy for some. Thanks for sharing.

GoodBoy likes this.
  3. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah yes...another tango fare sale. Um, whoohoo...let's see if prices skyrocket as they usually do while this is on, then go back to normal once the "sale" is over!

4. Can you give us some proof of that happening? I'm sure the consumer watchdogs would love that info.

5. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Please check out the numerous posts on the Aeroplan/Air Canada group of another (F)requent (T)raveller blog for precisely such posts!

6. The reason I am here is because TOBB is full of people who nurse their dislike of things AC and thus spout half truths and many lies. Please make your case here.

This is not intended to be a challenge or argument per se but just a quest for facts as you understand them. I fly about 150K miles a year almost all on AC and am constantly checking prices for myself and other family members. I do not see the "price fixing" you are accusing the airline of doing.

tomh009 likes this.
  7. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have read this spring and summer on TOBB that there have been several instances of fares increasing during the "sale" period. Subsequently, members found that the price had dropped again after the sale was over. Search for the threads on this over there. There are a couple of them. I'm not passing judgement, but why do you mistrust these posts? What is to be gained by misleading people on TOBB?

8. Noting to do with mistrust just wanting to ensure the ignorance that is profound on TOBB does not pollute these pages. I again ask for proof of rising fares jsut before a seat sale. I strongly believe that is false and misleading information.

9. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think the higher fares were a direct result of the "sale". If you look at the threads on TOBB you'll see examples of fares that seem to rise during a sale, the only to drop again after the sale was over.

10. Your use of the word "seem" tells me all I need to hear from posts on that board. IOW's its all BS