CO seat question for 757 TATL flight

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Exleftseat, Mar 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Exleftseat
    Original Member

Exleftseat Active Member

Status Points:
    Mrs. Ex and I were unfortunate to have been offered EWR-AMS on CO on a single aisle 757 when booking on UA.com.
    Currently we are in 7 B/C. I was on a UA 757 last week and the amount of folk waiting for the toilet in front of these seats was mind boggling, more like a convention or party. I assume after a 9 hr flight it starts smelling as well. Now as far as the exits are concerned, the good seats are gone. Two seats in row 20 would be available, but of course limited recline. How bad is the limited recline compared to the toilet stuff in row 7? Does anyone have any experience?

2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was on DUB-EWR in 7c and it was fine, no smells out of the lav.

I've sat here on many transcons as well without issue.

As for a crowd I haven't had any issues, it's true they will queue up in that area but I didn't think it made my flight experience crowded or unpleasant.

3. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're on an overnight flight. The chances of there being a line for the lav are slim to none.
    UA uses their 757s on mostly daytime mid-cons and transcons. Obviously, when people are awake they have more business to take care of :eek:

Having said that, I've never had a problem with lav traffic or smells in 7C on TATL Eastbound crossings. The return has on very rare occasions been annoying.

4. Exleftseat
    Original Member

Exleftseat Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank heaven, the return is on the UA 767, so no issue there. Looking forward to it. Guess, based on the two responses, I will stick it out in row 7 on the CO flight. Can't recall any TATL crossing for the past 40 years on a single aisle plane except one time on the business jet service offered by KLM from AMS to IAH and that was not pleasant because of very uncomfortable seats for 13 hrs. I swore I would never do that again.

5. mherdeg
    Original Member

mherdeg Silver Member

Status Points:
    My experience with tatls on the CO 757:

* row 20's limited recline is a disaster if you're hoping to get some sleep
    * row 21 has marginally more legroom than most other coach seats, but it doesn't feel much bigger than UA E+, and it's certainly no UA 757 exit row!
    * row 7BC are in a nice location -- lots of room, you may get to chill out with the FA, passenger congregation was not a problem even on westbound trips in my experience
    * but remember that in general, seat comfort is not great; consider bringing your own soft stuff

6. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    It really isn't bad at all. You will be pleasantly surprised...CO's IFE on the 752s is superb.

The only other caveats about row 7 are that it can get cold, seats can be narrow due to IFE screen/tray table in armrest, and that boarding is a PITA since everyone invades your personal space as you board. Having said all of that, it is still my Y row of choice on the 752's followed by row 21.

7. Exleftseat
    Original Member

Exleftseat Active Member

Status Points:
    Wow, of course never been in a CO 757 I had no idea that their exit rows offer less space than UA exit rows on the 757. That's good to know. And thanks for the heads up, pillows are on the list. Appreciate your responses.

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think that 21 on the CO 752 has less space than 16 on the UA version. There is a lot of space there - 36-38" pitch IIRC.

I have done CO TATL in both 7 and 21 several times and both are fine. It isn't business class, but it is prety good for coach.

9. amf09
    Original Member

amf09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just having flown in row 21 last week to/from CDG, I think there is some benefit to row 20, namely you won't have people grabbing or jabbing their knees into your seatback. I don't sleep in Y, so if I had to do it over again I'd probably pick 20 over 21.

That said I didn't see much of a line for the lav bothering row 7. A few times it looked like people were hanging out next to the door, but the FA's did announce for people to no hang out there or near the galley.

10. eagle92

eagle92 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Row 7BC should be just fine...I personally would take row 21, but have at times opted for 20 and will just "slouch" to create my own recline and not worry about having to bother anyone behind me or in front of me. [​IMG]