CO OPP earned miles towards elite status

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by lucky1, Feb 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. lucky1

lucky1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    hi, do miles earned on the CO OPP card from Chase count towards elite status?

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint! :)

I believe the miles earned on the Onepass Plus card are 'redeemable' miles not 'elite qualifying miles' so they can be used for travel. They do not count towards status.

3. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's correct. As far as I know, miles earned on teh OP Plus card on redeemable only and do NOT count toward elite status. The Presidential Plus card, on the other hand, allows you to earn Flex EQMs, but has a much higher annual fee.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Keep in mind that these Flex EQMs cannot be used towards qualifying for 1K status. But the PrezPlus card is currently the only CO card that earns EQMs. There are a couple UA cards that have EQM earning options as well, but not to the scale that the CO card does.

5. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    For those who would buy United Club membership anyway, this is a very good deal

6. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's a great point. There is still the $50 initiation fee, but the $395 annual credit card fee is less than what I paid as a Gold ($400), and far less than what a general member would pay ($475).

kyunbit likes this.