CO onepass member

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by bmendoza17, Feb 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bmendoza17

bmendoza17 Active Member

Status Points:
    Needing help on trying to figure this out. I'm currently a CO onepass member and I have the chase onepass cc to accumulate points. The problem I seem up always have is that I'm from Louisiana and every time I want to go to the Carribbean I have to fly to the northern states then far south. It is a waste of time. My question is what other cc could I get and what airline from Louisiana to maybe Florida then the Carribbean. I'm so confused can anyone help. Thks

tondoleo likes this.
  2. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does CO not fly to the Caribbean from IAH? That would seem weird to me if they don't. The only airlines with hubs east of you that aren't "northern" are Delta and Airtran/SW with the ATL hubs and AA with its Miami hub. All of those have credit cards to earn miles.

tondoleo likes this.
  3. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, and welcome to MilePoint!

tondoleo likes this.
  4. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can get the AMEX Premier Rewards Gold and 3x for airline tickets. You will have to choose a new airline to transfer the rewards since CO in no longer affiliated with MR. You can get a Chase Sapphire Rewards card and get 2x for travel and eating out expenses. You get a 3d point if you book the ticket through the Ultimate Rewards portal.
    You can get an AMEX Starwood Preferred Guest card. It is only one point per dollar for anything but Starwood expenses. However, you can transfer to United/CO and get a 25% bonus for the miles you send.

You may determine it is advantageous to have points in another alliance for certain types of travel. This is why I suggested the AMEX PRG and Sapphire card. Good luck.

autolycus likes this.
  5. bmendoza17

bmendoza17 Active Member

Status Points:
    Yes CO does fly to IAH but then to neewark then Carribbean. I'm looking for something much closer like Miami then south. Im already south so I think it's wasted time to fly so far north then come back down.

tondoleo likes this.
  6. bmendoza17

bmendoza17 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thk u I'll have to check those programs out

tondoleo likes this.
  7. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not at my computer to check, but I imagine AA flies nonstop from New Orleans to Miami and from there to a lot of the caribbean and central and south America. Delta or Airtran/SW to ATL is a little north, but certainly shorter than flying through EWR. If your #1 priority is shortest time to the Caribbean, it's gonna be hard to beat AA, I think.

Their other hubs are DFW and O'hare, so they're pretty efficient out if New Orleans if they go where you want to go.

tondoleo likes this.