CO elite maximizer transfers to UA????

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Lufthansa Flyer, Aug 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

Have opportunity to buy addtl miles for upcoming co flight, and have chance to add elite maximizer to make the bought miles elite miles eligible. By buying the EQM's from CO, will they transfer as eqm to my mileage plus account?

thx

2. Morsel
    Original Member

Morsel Active Member

Status Points:
    Not "transfer" directly, but I don't see why they wouldn't become a part of your back-end merged EQM pool between the two linked accounts that they supposedly check once a week. No different from bonus EQMs on UA for Mileage Plus Select card or Flex EQMs with Presidential Plus card, right?

Even if you're a PMUA flyer and think of CO as having matched your UA status, perhaps you can think of these EQMs as helping your CO status which UA will match :)

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anything in your EQM account will be considered when they do the sweeps of the combined accounts. No erason that paid EQMs will be any different there. Assuming the price is right for you, buying the elite maximiser should work just fine.

4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:

ok thanks for the confirms. i went ahead and bought the elite maximizers and when i transferred the miles to mp, they did not transfer as eqm. I've sent an email to mp to find out why that happened that way. maybe i missed a term/condition.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    EQMs do not "transfer" per se. If you link the elite status and choose a primary earning program then they do sweeps in the background and the combined numbers determine your status level. But each program will still accumulate the miles independently.

6. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    ok, that makes sense then, nothing will matter until after smd3 when all the miles pile up. thanks for the info.