CO.com Award Availability out of sync with Phone Agent. What to do?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Ygor, Jul 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Ygor
    Original Member

Ygor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to make a change to an existing itinerary, because according to the CO website, seats opened up on a earlier flight on the same day (BRU-ATH), which would give me a couple extra hour in Athens. Called two separate agents, and they both said they only see one seat open (I need 2, and CO.com search reflects 2 available seats. In fact I can get up to 4 seats).

If the phone agents cannot see availability, is there anything I can do, or am I SOL? I am not on hold waiting for CO.com support to see if they do anything, but I am not holding my breath.

2. aanswer

aanswer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is this a simple RT routing or something with stopovers and/or open jaws? If it's simple (and you have return flight availability), I'd just rebook online. As a 1K/Plat, it shouldn't cost you anything extra.

3. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Time to play agent roulette.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. Ygor
    Original Member

Ygor Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a leg within an itinerary with stop overs, so it cannot be done online. The explanation I got was that the CO website does not update as fast as their system, and the seats are no longer available.

First thing I tried. No difference in result. I tried to do a dummy one way booking on the segment I wanted to change, and I got an error. So it seems the availability is showing on the search results is not accurate.

Thanks! :)

6. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    StarNet blocking?

</sarcasm>