CO: BOS-IAD-SFO-PHX-SFO-IAD-BOS/$228a/i

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by edenri, Mar 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. edenri
    Original Member

edenri Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not able to use this myself but thought others may. Found for this month sat-sun and other dates in March, as well as other combos of flights. I think its about 3.3 cpm.

Freddie Listo likes this.
  2. Checking to see if it works in reverse . . .

3. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    It does, but very limited results. A few days in March. Tue/Wed in April, Some weekends in May. And they all seem to require overnight.

4. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    What routing search did you use??

5. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am finding the flights on ITA...but having trouble with searching on UA/CO as I am used to US. Any help is appreciated.

6. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:

Last week I had trouble getting a routing I found on ITA to show up on CO. Some things you can try:

- Try searching one way separately instead of RT
    - Select the departing time
    - If you find the first segment but the price is higher, click all the way thru since it might price out at the end
    - Restrict the search to G class fares in the advanced settings

After playing around with it enough using a combination of the above, I was able to book it on continental.com

7. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am fining the G fares that ITA is giving for the routings and the price that you quoted in the top of this post. Searching one way and putting the departing time. Only problem is getting the routing to work out. I guess if it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

8. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm still trying to figure it out. I found one day that has the fare and G shows 9 available on all legs but i cant get it to come up. using co site

9. edenri
    Original Member

edenri Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since I couldn't use it I never tried to book, I had to play though. The above suggestions seem to work. I was able to pull up 2 one ways on CO's site. However, slightly altered. 3/5 bos-sfo-phx arr. in phx at 3:42pm then leaving phx 8:53pm -sfo-iad-bos. Just watch the times, match them up from ita to co and you may have to click through. My return first showed up at $853 or so, but the times were the same as ita, I clicked anyways then the $89+ fare showed up and the final one way was $114.

If anyone books please post.

10. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was able to price it out to $221 RT ai/i BOS-SFO-PHX-SFO-BOS on May 14/15. Wan't able to find the IAD connection, but it still prices out to about $.03/mile.

11. edenri
    Original Member

edenri Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good glad it worked! Just to specify a bit more I searched one way bos-phx found an sfo connection, then multi city phx-sfo-bos and found the iad connection in that.

Sean Colahan likes this.
  12. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the tip. The return was a redeye that you saw?? I am debating booking this. Anyone want in for a MR in the next month or so on a weekend???

13. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    I really need to work on my MR search skills. The cheapest days i can find are days i'm working on my AS balance

Sean Colahan likes this.
  14. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    What dates do you have open the next two months? I have been searching a lot of dates for this fare tonight. Maybe I came across one that fits your schedule.

15. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    This month I'm traveling this weekend and next weekend. Next month i'm traveling the first two weekends. I'll be in NYC for Frequent Traveler University the last weekend of April

I'm doing BOS/PDX this weekend and will try to play around with it more when i'm in the air. I'm CO Plat from a status match and would like to get some more RDM

16. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good point! I forgot to mention this. It will help if you search your one way as a multi-city to force the connection city to come up. Glad you got it to appear.

17. travel.flier
    Original Member

travel.flier Active Member

Status Points:
    I am able to find complex routings on ITA, but no luck on CO.com also tried calling CO and it prices in L instead of G even though ITA says same exact routes/flights/airline/everything is available in G. I'm not used to CO!

18. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    Holy crap CO give me a heart attack. I was messing around with flights last night and i guess i somehow put a flight on hold for today. I got a check in reminder call and i freaked out. I went in and it said not ticketed. what a relief.

I'm not having any luck with multi-city and can never get it to work. I'm new to CO so maybe i'm just doing it wrong