Club lounges at Sheratons, do they not do evening drinks/snacks?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Canadi>n, May 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Staying at the Sheraton Boston (at the Prudential Center) and as a Platinum I was upgraded to a suite on the top floor Club floor. However at around 6:30p after unpacking I headed down to the lounge only to find it empty of both people and hors d'oeuvres/drinks (save for a few cans of soda and bottle of water in a small fridge). Is it normal for these lounges not to have an evening spread? Went across to Bukowski's for a couple of IPAs and a burger and crashed early instead but found it curious.

Are there other Sheratons where there is no evening set up in the Club lounges?

uggboy likes this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many Sheratons do have afternoon and evening receptions with snacks and drinks for guests.
    Times vary based on property, the front desk or lounge may have the times if this location offers this.

KENNECTED and uggboy like this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never experienced this at Starwood when the lounge is supposed to be open, which is now every day according to Starwood standards for Sheratons. The hours for evening snacks and beverages vary, as do the hours for breakfast. However, 6:30 pm is well within the time frame that I would expect for the evening social period in the USA.

Did you ask at the desk? Perhaps an employee decided independently to go AWOL during their work hours. (This has happened to me with both Hilton and Hyatt lounges; in both cases, the hotel was unaware that the lounge wasn't open and functioning as usual.) Talk to an assistant manager at the property and then SPG customer service ("corporate") for resolution.

uggboy likes this.
  4. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Le Meridien Stuttgart (Germany) had an evening service consisting of one hot item of their choice, served between 2030 and 2230. Asparagus soup the night we were there. DH and I certainly thought the hour and the offering were designed to discourage patronage.

uggboy likes this.
  5. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    At the Sheraton Newark and the Club lounge spread for tonite includes plates of apples, crackers, cheese, a slice of pineapple (well, I only saw one), juice (soda - Pepsi, water), bags of chips and eggrolls. There is also a lounge attendant ready to make drinks.

By far, the lounge at the Sheraton Toronto Centre has the best offerings and is the largest I have seen.

uggboy likes this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Denver Downtown is pretty good for lounge food, as is LAX Gateway among Sheratons in North America.

uggboy likes this.
  7. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is why I always suggest that prior to booking you check with the property to confirm that there is a lounge in operation and what the lounge offers.

Also, one should check again a day or two prior to the start of their trip.

I know it sounds like overkill, but knowledge is power.

uggboy likes this.
  8. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Sheraton New York's new lounge looks amazing!!

uggboy likes this.
  9. Pleasantly surprised to find the Sheraton LAX lounge open Sunday night on Memorial Day weekend. Hot food was breaded chicken patty along with cheeses/fruits and croissant bun with sandwich meats. Only thing I don't like is the fact that they charge for alcohol - they could take a lesson from Embassy Suites as it's not like Sheraton is supplying the best wine or beer in the lounge.

uggboy and DeltaExpert like this.
  10. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sheraton Wall Center in Vancouver has the lounge which opens in the evening for drinks and canapes. Alcoholic beverage will be chargeable to the room. You can have juices, Perrier, sodas, as well as Nespresso. Last time I was there they offered cheese balls, french fries, one more hot item which I forgot. Then there was fruits, salmon, and other cold stuff.

DeltaExpert and uggboy like this.
  11. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    i loved how the Sheraton LAX gives you vouchers for free appetizers in the bar, on the evenings their club lounge is closed. The bar's beef- and/or chicken- quesadillas are indeed a meal unto themselves!

uggboy likes this.
  12. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not a big Sheraton person, but this is the best Starwood/SPG property in the LAX area and they seem on top of their game. The food in the restaurant is very good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

unclepants and DeltaExpert like this.
  13. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    ...ah yes, and in addition to giving you a voucher for app's in the bar in the evenings, they'll give you a voucher for that amazing buffet in the restaurant in the mornings as well (again, only when the club lounge is closed).

DeltaExpert likes this.
  14. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was at the Sheraton Boston a week before the OP and can confirm they have no evening drinks or hors d'ouerves even for purchase. The nights I was there no one was in the lounge and there was only bottled water on a table. I didn't see the refrigerator. I hiked over to Shaw's to meet my wine and cheese needs. In the morning there was an attendant and mediocre breakfast. I was in a suite directly below the lounge's hardwood floors and actually pleased there was rarely anyone in there as i could hear every chair pulled up to or away from a table.