Club Carlson (regular) Visa Signature card. Worth it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by jojim, Feb 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jojim

jojim Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I applied for the CC Premier rewards signature card a few weeks ago, no instant approval. Called recon, was told I was approved. I get that awesome new thick envelope in the mail that we are all always so happy to receive. What do I find? The non premier version of the card I actually applied for. So Frustrating, I hate the way USB just goes ahead and gives you something you didnt want without letting you know first. Now Im stuck with this crap, or canceling an account before it was even open.

This is my first time going with USB, I wanted to give them a shot. I figured, with 4 Chase cards, 1 citi, 1 Amex, 1 Barclays, it wouldnt hurt. Probably the last time I'll get one of their cards.

What are your experiences with this card? Did you get the non premier? Did you keep it? Have you gotten decent value out of it? I appreciate the advice.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it's frustrating to not get what you wanted, but you did agree to it:

cc_visa.png

It's a bit of a gamble. Fortunately for me I got what I wanted, but I was prepared to get the lower card.

boondr likes this.
  3. jojim

jojim Silver Member

Status Points:
    wow, @HaveMilesWillTravel no need to be so obnoxious with your red boxes. Im not an idiot, and read this. My frustration is that I called, and they told me I was approved! (What they failed to specify is for what card!)

Btw, the T&C says "may be processed for the club carlson platinum rewards visa card"

...MAY

anyways, if they were a legitimate bank they could at LEAST inform you and/or ask you if you'd like the other card. Just a horrible way to function if you ask me.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have a good day, jojim.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    And you didn't ask, right? They honored their half of the agreement which you also agreed to.

The only real value the card provides IMO is the last night free on award stays. So long as you still get that I suppose the card is find. If your plan was to put a ton of spend on it or something like that I'd say it was a flawed plan from the get-go.

boondr likes this.
  6. jojim

jojim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks

7. flynow

flynow Silver Member

Status Points:
    Barclay Bank does things like that also!!!!

8. jojim

jojim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Really? I only have the US airways card with them, and their alright in my experience. I mean, nothing horrible.

Nothing like Chase though. Theyre by far the best

9. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I either applied for this card, or got it unknowingly, honestly I forgot, but I might have intended to get it so I could get the larger bonus later. For me its a keeper, it still has a nice signup bonus, comes with the second night free on awards and a 25k annual bonus. It helps that my wife has the better card so she gets the gold status - when we have chained two 2-night reservations to get 4 for 2 we book her first so the room we use is based on her higher status.

10. jojim

jojim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cool. Thanks for your experience