Club Carlson: Fully Prepaid Points rate, confusing cancellation policy?

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Maximizer, Jun 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am confused by this cancellation policy on a fully prepaid points rate. The stay starts on Aug 09, which is mentioned in the policy.

The rate is marked "
    [​IMG]
    =
    Fully prepaid; no changes or refunds.
    ", and this is the policy:

CANCELLATION POLICY:

Penalty applies to all cancellations.
    Cancel today thru Aug 09 2012 = 0.00 GBP.
    Late cancellations will result in a penalty of first night's Gold Points®. Failure to cancel this reservation will result in a penalty of all Gold Points® for entire stay.

So on the one hand, "fully prepaid, no changes or refunds" tells me that I won't get any points back. On the other hand, it mentions "late cancellation" and "failure to cancel". This seems to suggest that as long as I actually cancel, I only forfeit one night in points, not all the points?
    Anyone have experience with this type of rate?

2. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is fully pre-paid; no changes or refund next to the cash price for the hotel? Or next to the points price?

The two are separate. Every speculative points booking that I've canceled got refunded fully.

3. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is on the POINTS rate.

That's been my experience as well. Granted, this is in London during the Olympics, so I'm not totally surprised that an award rate would be non-refundable. But they don't need to be so unclear about it.

CC_nonrefundable_ponts.gif

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a similar weird rate for the Park Inn Fresno. Unlike my other reservations it is not changeable/cancelable in my list of reservations.

5. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, the one I'm looking at is in London during the Olympics, so I can understand that even a points reservation would be non-refundable. But Fresno?? It isn't exactly a hot destination ;)