Club Carlson Focus Group Invite

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by ckwill, Jan 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ckwill
    Original Member

ckwill Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did anyone else receive an invite to an "in-person focus group about new products and services that might be available to you in the future?" The carrot is that after being selected from a pre-screening, I will receive 20,000 CC points and after completing the focus group, I'll receive $200. I just filled out the online screening, but it sounds like I still have to talk to someone on the phone to be officially invited to the focus group.

Based on the first question in the survey, it appears they invited people in Minneapolis, Boston, and Atlanta. The online screening also asked about my profession (with a focus on certain industries), the number and purpose of hotel stays I'd completed in the last six months, how I paid for the hotel stays, and how many times I'd used a credit card in the last week. Seems like this may be geared toward the rumored CC credit card?

2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds good. 2.jpg
    Please report in after the focus group.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe you could ask them to offer Club Carlson points for TGIF purchases -- after all, it's the same parent company. :)

4. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Like the original GoldPoints* program ;)

* I used this program extensively more than a decade ago.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wish I had known that. While I am not a big fan of TGI Fridays, we usedto go there quite frequently for work lunches (with larger groups). Would have loved to volunteer to put the check on my credit card ;)

6. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    When the programs were first separated, that's when there was Gold Points (Friday's) and Gold Points Plus (hotel side). Friday's program was eventually renamed Give Me More Stripes, while Gold Points Plus is now Club Carlson. When I traveled for a living, I ate at Friday's often as the company makes very consistent french onion soup (one of my comfort foods) - earned enough points that I ate for free on personal trips for many years afterward.

flyingdawg and miles and smiles like this.
  7. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's a good idea!

miles and smiles likes this.
  8. ckwill
    Original Member

ckwill Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just received the follow-up phone call and unfortunately, my answers weren't appropriate to qualify. They asked about my perception on a scale of 1-5 of certain industries (hotels, banks/financial services, credit cards, online merchants, automotive manufacturers) and perception on the same scale of certain hotel chains (Holiday Inn, Radisson, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton/Westin, Country Inn & Suites, Park Plaza). Most of my responses were toward the middle of the rating scale, so maybe my opinions weren't extreme enough for their purposes. Bummer. They did tell me that the study will take place next Wednesday evening.