Club Carlson email-incorrect points

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by free67spirit, Sep 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. free67spirit

free67spirit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Both my husband and I received emails from Club Carlson within the last couple of days. They were letting us know how many points we had and what we could use them on. ONE PROBLEM-the amounts were completely wrong. My husbands was off by over 50000 and my account was off by about 5000. I of course freaked out-went to award wallet and the correct points were listed. I went one step further and logged in to the Club Carlson accounts and they were both correct. What is this about? Has anyone experienced this?

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Probably a glitch in the email; I'd call Club Carlson just in case.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't worry as long as the online system is correct.

free67spirit likes this.
  4. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

Status Points:
    The email probably doesn't reflect points earned within the last X days. I don't know what X is in this case but if you recently earned 50,000 and 5000, that may be the explanation.

FlyingBear and miles and smiles like this.
  5. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Marketing mailings are usually prepared weeks before they are sent out. So, it not uncommon for them to have old info.

IkeEsq, guberif and flyingdawg like this.
  6. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is not uncommon even in more "real time system". Look at Chase Freedom card - the bonus categories that earns x5 (well actually x4 as we know) per quarter. The transaction that take place from about 5 days prior to the statement closure will not receive the bonus at the current statement, but only on the next one. Chase never failed to post them correctly when they close the quarter but it is still an accounting nightmare to keep track on all of them.

7. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Read the bottom of your email, it will explicitly state the date they pulled points on. My emails typically are pulling data 4-6 days before I receive the email. You can now sleep easy.

8. free67spirit

free67spirit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks I did read the fine print. And you are right it the date was several days prior to the email. Except the last time I had stayed in one of their hotels was the end of June. It still does not make sense because my points balance at the end of June is the same as it is now. The email was just wrong. I am not concerned. I thought it interesting and decided to ask if this has happened to others.