Club Carlson Conundrum: Award, Revenue, Or Mix?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 21, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Ben recently wrote about the Q1 2015 Club Carlson Extend Your Stay (EYS) promotion where you can earn 30,000 bonus points for a 3+ night stay or 15,000 bonus points for a 2-night stay. Some are calling it the best hotel promotion of the first quarter. It caused me to break out the spreadsheet to determine how best to play this. I usually don't hesitate to spend Club Carlson points since my family is blessed with six figure balances in the program after having capitalized on some past promotions. My wife and have the Club Carlson Visa card, so the points effectively go twice as far. But this promotion has the potential to be lucrative enough such that I could choose to spend some money. Scary, I know. The decision in question involves our upcoming trip to Copenhagen. We considered two Radisson properties, Blu Royal and Blu Scandinavia. We had previously settled on Blu Scandinavia so I will use those numbers for my analysis. The post Club Carlson Conundrum: Award, Revenue, Or Mix? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...