Club Carlson Adds Southwest as Airline Partner

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by flyingdawg, Jan 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Club C Gold Points can now be converted to Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards.

Dear flyingdawg,
    [​IMG] Club CarlsonSM members can now convert Gold Points® into Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Points®. Redeem some of your xxx,xxx points* today to get one step closer to a reward flight with Southwest Airlines®........
    • 250 Rapid Rewards Points for 2,000 Gold Points
    • 8,000 Rapid Rewards Points for 50,000 Gold Points
    • 18,000 Rapid Rewards Points for 100,000 Gold Points
    Redeem your points today. You can also set your account profile preferences to automatically convert all earned Gold Points to Rapid Rewards Points in increments of 10,000 Gold Points to 1,250 Rapid Rewards Points.
    * As of January 24, 2013

mrredskin, Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  2. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    top tier redemption at CC is 50k, right? 8k RR typically gets you a sub-$200 one-way?

uggboy and flyingdawg like this.
  3. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes.

Don't know as I don't fly Southwest. If correct that's a decent redemption. Especially if the airline miles are more useful to you than the hotel pts. (Not how I'd use the Club C pts.though.)

uggboy and mrredskin like this.
  4. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    i'm fairly confident i've seen $200+ on RR go for 10k+ points when searching a few weeks ago. I see another companion pass in my future, so I have to know these things, now :/

as a new Carlson CC-holder, now, those Carlson points are much more valuable.

5. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    For 'Wanna get away' fares, there is a fixed value of $0.0166 per point. 8k = ~$133 in fare. But, tickets are fully refundable back to RR points with no fees, which adds some value IMO. The highest redemption of 100k CC points gives you $300 in fare value.

However, I agree...

uggboy and mrredskin like this.
  6. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    agree with that added value of refundable. 100k CC seems to be worth quite a bit more than $300 at this point

7. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another thing to keep in mind, is the Club C cc holders get a free award night redemption with a minium 2 night (award) stay. So at top shelf property you could easily get a $600 value out of 50K in pts.

uggboy likes this.