Club Carlson: 50,000 Point Bonus from Last Year

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Makena, Jan 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Makena

Makena Member

Status Points:
    I've seen many bloggers mention the Club Carlson 50,000 point bonus last year, but I don't know what they are talking about. For example, today, Rick Ingersol mentioned it here: http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2013/01/multiplicity.html
    Does anyone know more about this? How did this bonus work? Is it still active?

Kalboz, Sweet Willie and flyingdawg like this.
  2. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Club C ran a promo in the spring/summer of 2012 for Radisson properties called the Radisson Big Night Giveaway which was a 50K bonus for one nights stay. At the same time they were running Country Inns So Go Country which was a 44K bonus for one nights stay. And the same type promo was running for Park Inn which was as a 44K bonus for a one nights stay.

In Q4 of 2011 Club C started this madness with the original Radisson Big Night Giveaway. It was a 50K bonus for one nights stay at any Club C branded property to celebrate the opening of the first Radisson Blu in the US.

All of the promos required registration and were limited to (IIRC) 50,000 participants. I don't think the limited number of participants was ever a factor however.

Makena, Kalboz and Sweet Willie like this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    no

Club Carlson ran 2 promos of stay once & get 50k Club Carlson points, so basically guy one night & get a free night at any Club Carlson property. (there are a few that are complaining when trying to redeem their 50k at a uber high demand property that only the higher award levels are being offered but most were/are very happy w/the 50k promo).

They also ran a stay once get 44k as well. Again, this promo is over.

I had never considered Club Carlson properties, so these promos last year help put CC in my rotation.

Makena, Kalboz and flyingdawg like this.
  4. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here....I never cared about CC..now they are my tertiary program and I got the credit card as well. Definitely some nice options within the scheme of staying at a major chain/point earning chain, where my main loyalty programs fail...i.e. Ireland, Scandinavia, Rome.

Sweet Willie, Kalboz and flyingdawg like this.
  5. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    It really helps if you live in an area with lots of Radisson and Country Inns. I live in the DC metro area so I have a lot of options when these promos occur. I got 94,000 miles with two of the summer programs which I will be using next February in Berlin or Prague for club level rooms and I did the stay one night get a night program this fall and will be getting a $300 room in NYC for about $70.00 from a "stay" at a local hotel. I literally took the bus to the Radisson checked in and went to the room and then left.

Kalboz and flyingdawg like this.
  6. Makena

Makena Member

Status Points:
    Sure hope they run this promo again. Club Carlson seems extremely generous with their points. With the current Triple Points promo, and the Club Carlson Visa Card, I've been getting 80 points per dollar, plus another 2,000 bonus points per stay lately.

flyingdawg and Sweet Willie like this.
  7. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Make your reservations via one of the click-thru portals: topcashback.com, fatwallet.com, mrrebates.com, ect and you'll save an addtional 5% off.

IDGflygirl and Sweet Willie like this.
  8. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Of course, we all realize what is inevitably in the cards with massive point issuance, super super generous CC free night benefit, high point promos..........give me a D, give me an E...give me a V...

9. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, but unless it is a massive one, they will simply fall in line with the rest of the programs. I don't see that as much of a negative, just enjoy it while it lasts.

flyingdawg likes this.