CLT Layover

Discussion in 'RDU/GSO/ILM/EWN/PGV/FAY | North Carolina Airports' started by sma_15, May 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sma_15

sma_15 Silver Member

This may be the wrong place to post this but anyone have any suggestions for what to do for 3 hours at CLT? I have never been there and I am not sure it is enough time to do anything in Charlotte or if my best bet is to kill time in the terminal. Suggestions from anyone who has been there before would be much appreciated.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

I was just in CLT for a 2 hour layover on my way from PHL to PLS. The best way I can describe it is "it's a mess" :)

The "arms" of the terminals by the gates are too narrow, so when you have departing flights you have gate lice lining up all over the place. If you have flights leaving from gates facing each other, that lives an incredibly narrow space for people to walk by. This was on a Wednesday morning too, but I don't know if it's better or worse on the weekends.

There's not much to do other than a few restaurants and fast food. I'd suggest you kill time at the US Airways club and call it a day.