CLT Club renovation

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by RedM3Pilot, Apr 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RedM3Pilot
    Original Member

RedM3Pilot Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just got this in the mail today:

Pardon our dust! We’re renovating a club in Charlotte.
    Starting today, the US Airways Club between concourses C and D at Charlotte Douglas International Airport is undergoing renovations. (But don’t worry, the club will be open throughout the entire process.) When the renovations are completed at the end of May customers will enjoy new furniture and other great improvements.

Thank you for your patience and we hope to see you soon.

I wonder why no such notice about the A19/A21 Club in PHX.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Nice to see them continuing to invest in product and services used by business travelers primarily.
    I'll see some of the dust on Thursday morning in CLT.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. ArizonaGuy
    Original Member

ArizonaGuy Silver Member

Status Points:
    *cough* Envoy lounge seriously needed *cough*

jbcarioca, Grace and DeacFlyer1 like this.
  4. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    Might be nice if Lufthansa opened a lounge, but considering their limited schedule it wouldn't be open much.

5. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    CLT is my home airport, so I agree that the club could use some updating...but it is fabulous compared to LGA! Wonder when they will get around to that one?

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think anything anywhere else is fabulous to compared to the same thing at LGA...

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Dunkin Donut facility at LGA is pretty good... :)

Sean Colahan likes this.
  8. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    one of the best i've been to, honestly. and the workers were actually nice

9. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I was there a week ago, the area undergoing renovation was the quiet area (the former smoking area).

10. jemmazee
    Original Member

jemmazee Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope that the renovation manages to de-stink that room - I stopped in there a couple of weeks ago, and didn't last 5 minutes before that old stale cig smoke smell drove me back to the "loud" area.

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I don't think they are going to do anything with the LGA club. If I recall correctly, if the slot swap gets done (finally), they will not even retain the same terminal - they'd move to the Marine Air Terminal as I recall.....

I am not sure if US' plan is to continue shrinking at LGA......I hope that is not the case, but anyway I don't see the club as is being renovated there .... and I will add they had some of the BEST agents there --- one of whom is a dear friend to this day ... even though she's retired now.

12. Alex Stevens
    Original Member

Alex Stevens Active Member

Status Points:
    Was there this morning coming in off a red-eye with a couple hours to kill and caught a perfectly pleasant nap in the quiet room, no smell of smoke at all. Was a little disappointed that as soon as it started to get busier in the Club the quiet part went out the window.

jbcarioca likes this.
  13. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am there right now and have been here twice this week and twice last week. In the mornings and afternoons it is awful, so I hope they finish early. It is sad that they're not installing showers, with a fair number of international flights now it is long since past time for that. It will be a big improvement if the comments from club staff are anything to go by.

scubaflyer and RedM3Pilot like this.
  14. scubaflyer
    Original Member

scubaflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think a few showers would be a great addition. I agree that if CLT is going to continue to grow Intl routes, then they should add some Intl travel amenities that make those flights easier. I'm just looking forward to what they do with the wasted space that was the quiet/old smoking area. I recently visited the RCC in SFO and that was a nice facility, yet no bigger than the US club space at CLT. The CLT club has so much potential, so I hope they take advantage of making it more of what it could be.

jbcarioca likes this.
  15. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    CLT could also use serious Duty Free upgrade. Both shops are tiny and both close well before boarding to the late evening flights, one where large numbers of people would buy DF were it really available. They don't even display booze in the one in Concourse D, although they have some. You must know and ask, otherwise it would be a mystery. I flew internationally in/or of CLT for over a year before i found the DF shops. I agree, OT for the Club.

16. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just wish they had a club somewhere in E...

jbcarioca likes this.