Class of Service Bonus for paid upgrade?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by chef4u, Apr 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was originally booked in "M" class for travel on a BA flight , for which I gave my AA number. While at Heathrow, I purchased an upgrade to "W" class. I have received credit for this flight based on travel in "M" class. I am now requesting credit for a "W" class ticket, which I understand includes a 10% class of service bonus as well as 1.50 Elite Qualifying Miles

Am I correct in doing this?

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    AA doesn't award additional EQM. You'd get 1.5 EQP.

Found this online. The OP is posting to BA and not AA, but perhaps there's similarities? LINK.

Honestly I don't know how BA paid upgrades credit to AAdvantage, but asking can't hurt. Let us know how it goes.

3. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    It might work, might not. Doesn't hurt to try, but remember you aren't entitled to this, so if it doesn't work, just say "Thank you" and move on. RDM, EQM, and EQP are supposed to be awarded based on the fare ticketed, not the fare upgraded to. There are sometimes glitches in the system, though, especially when passed from another carrier to AA. Mrs. gemac and I were credited for flying in business class LHR-NBO-LHR on award tickets a couple of years ago.

4. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've sent the details into AA via snail mail. Will update if anything happens.