Citi vs Chase Trip Delay Benefits: An Infographic

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by MileWriter, Mar 12, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. MileWriter

MileWriter Member

Status Points:
    In a nutshell: Citi Prestige wins on low flight delay requirement (3 hours), but Chase still leads by offering this benefit on more cards and covering award tickets (provided that the taxes and fees are charged to an eligible card).

I've heard that Citi will cover tickets booked through the ThankYou portal. Can anyone confirm? If you see anything else off with this infographic, please give a shout out!

[​IMG]

iolaire likes this.
  2. RapidTravelChai

RapidTravelChai Silver Member

Status Points:
    These benefits seem great until you have a claims, I am stuck on a CSP claim where Chase is denying the claim because the airline (Ethiopian) won't provide a letter stating the cancellation and reason, the changed itineraries are not enough.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would US carriers be more helpful? I have my doubts.

4. MileWriter

MileWriter Member

Status Points:
    You can ask for a military excuse at the airport. Never had any problems with claims adjustors - all of my claims were processed within a week.

I'm not sure if airlines outside the US can write military excuses, but a military excuse is just a brief statement on why and how long you were delayed printed on ticket paper. I make sure to get one while I'm still at the airport to avoid headaches later.