Citi-TY to HH Transfer Promotion

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by MX, Nov 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just came across the following promo on the ThankYou website, and don't recall any other posts on this subject. It apparently offers 2HH points for 1TYP until the end of the year. If I'm reading this correctly, this could be of interest to some of us here.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    NYCUA1K and MSYgirl like this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is of great interest to me as I have a TYP-earning card, the Citi Forward® Visa Card. However, this particular offer is valid only for those with a Citi ThankYou® Premier Card account or a Citi Prestige® Card account, which are, in fact, the only two types of accounts that allow TYP transfers even outside of the promo.

MX likes this.
  3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it's important to remind of the linked card requirement for the transfer benefit. The Citi Premier has the lower annual fee of the two ($0/$125), and has been known to waive it according to some reports.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Citi Forward® Visa is the latest reincarnation of my very first CC, which I got in 1986, and has been called things like "Citi Driver's Edge" and more over the years. I hardly use it anymore but it has earned me about 7K TYPs, which is too little to do anything useful with, so I looked into transferring it all to HHonors points. That is when I found out that only the Citi ThankYou® Premier or Citi Prestige® allows TYP transfer to HHonors. I did not want to get another credit card just to be able to do this transfer but I did not want to cancel the Citi Forward® Visa either since the length of my credit history, and maybe my credit score, would take a major hit. So, I contacted Citi to ask if they would simply convert my Citi Forward® account into a Citi ThankYou® Premier or a Citi Prestige® account and keep me as a member since 1986. They refused, saying that they would give me a new card but can't convert the existing account to something else. I refused the offer of a new card, and that is that...;)

5. B1BomberVB

B1BomberVB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have an orphan balance of 160 TY points & no Citibank Visa. I've heard of transferring TY points to friends. Does anybody want mine into his/her TY account--free?

MX and NYCUA1K like this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am definitely interested and will PM you later.

Sent from my DROID4 GLOBAL using milepoint

7. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    One extra wrinkle of the TY program to be aware of: points earned from credit cards are transferable and have no expiration, but points earned from deposit accounts are not. When you reach the points transfer page, it will show you the balance that's eligible for trasfer.