Citi Two Browser

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Efilon87, Nov 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I currently have the Citi AA Amex, and the fee has posted. Trying to get a retention/spending offer for that card. In the meantime, I was looking at getting some more AA miles or Hilton HHonors points. If I used the two browser trick, could I get another AA Amex? Or should I cancel the AA Amex and do a Visa and Amex app?

Which of the following would be better:
    1) 2 AA Visa
    2) AA Visa & AA Amex
    3) AA Visa & Hilton HHonors
    4) AA Amex & Hilton HHonors
    5) 2 Hilton HHonors

Thanks for your help!!

Jett Rink likes this.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I dont think you can get any more of the AA cards ... from what I've read you have to wait like 1yr after canceling to reapply, in order to qualify for the bonus miles.

Thus with that in mind I'd go for #5.

3. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well....I just got off the phone with Citi and after 20 minutes, all they could offer was a $25 statement credit after spending $500 in the next 3 months.....Come on Citi Amex, throw me a bone ;-).

4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cancelling an existing Citi AA card will have zero effect on your ability to get another. It seems that the timeline for getting a second Citi AA card is 12 to 26 months after you applied for the previous one. the longer you wait, the better your chances. So, you are probably better off going after the Hilton card.

MX, Efilon87 and edekba like this.
  5. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    There's always the AA Business card which you could get now, but they seem to be much more picky about your business than other lenders.

edekba likes this.
  6. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've always thought ... is a 3 browser trick available? I ask because everyone knows about the Visa/Amex ... but Citi also offers a MC version ...

7. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ill let one of the bloggers try that out, cuz with my luck Ill get 3 inquiries on my credit report.

edekba likes this.
  8. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Dan's Deals dd a 4 browser trick with the SPG Amex..

edekba likes this.
  9. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    .... wow

10. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh my........how'd that turn out??

11. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    He has 4 of them. U can read about it in his blog.

12. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    Having a Citi Amex, that's what Jett Rink recently applied for very, very recently, after a protracted/ interminable wait to apply for said cards. Awesome instant approval, spending requirement met almost immediately upon fast, fast, fast receipt of the cards from Citi, and bonus miles have already posted. YMMV.

13. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since both HHonors cards are Visa Signature cards, will that cause an issue when/if I call the reconsideration line?

14. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some of this stuff just boggles the mind ... sometime ago I predicted a ten brower "trick" one wonders how long it will be before the CC companies get wise to this stuff. Of course the end result will be that regular card application will be become more difficult for most sane people.

Not to mention the dilution of the programs affected... seems greed has no bounds around these parts.:rolleyes:

15. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't even know if it's applied... but from the last time you were approved. I just did the 2 browser trick over the weekend for my wife and got her both the Citi Visa and AMEX for the 2nd time. It has been 19 months since she opened the last Citi Visa and after 2 calls to the reconsideration line she was approved for both with verified 50K sign up bonuses. I think YMMV... but I definitely would wait at least 18 months from the last approval before you apply for another card.

miles and smiles likes this.