Citi ThankYou to offer 1:1 mile transfer to British Airways, Singapore

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by MileCards, Mar 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MileCards

MileCards Silver Member

Status Points:
    Starting in April. A lot of folks on the web are going under the assumption every ThankYou card (even the no annual fee ones like the Citi Forward card) will get this feature. Am skeptical that's the case...probably just the $100+ Citi ThankYOu Premier and above, but we can all hope.

http://milecards.com/3875/citi-than...airline-mile-transfer-but-with-no-annual-fee/

American Airlines curiously missing for now.

LETTERBOY, Quasiconvexity and uggboy like this.
  2. rrgg
    Original Member

rrgg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why do you think so? ThankYou is a separate program and you redeem points from a separate site. It doesn't matter whether they came from a checking account, credit card, or maybe Expedia. They all look the same.

3. MileCards

MileCards Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well Chase Ultimate Rewards is like that but only Sapphire Preferred and Ink Bold card holders get the transfer feature.

LETTERBOY and Quasiconvexity like this.
  4. rrgg
    Original Member

rrgg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know Chase does that. I guess I'm asking if Citi TY restricts their rewards for anything else today. I don't think so, so I don't know why they'd start with this particular reward.

5. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    American Express does that with MR points.

6. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doesn't the JP Morgan Select card offer the ability to transfer points?

7. MileCards

MileCards Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes it does.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  8. lusfort

lusfort Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys, I've just been deferred for the Citi Premiere TY Card. Said they'll inform me via email in 7 days. Would this be a sign that it is a yes or no? I currently have a Chase mileage explorer card and Amex Gold both opened in Feb. Anyone know what the cahnces might be? Thanks alot!!!

9. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    It just means you are still being considered and they need more time to review your app.

I would wait 1-2 days after app and call the app status line to see if there are any updates. If there aren't get to an agent and see if you can talk it out.

If none of those steps can help and you do get denied make sure you call the reconsideration line and deftly negotiate your way to an approval.

Call Here: (888) 201-4523

TAHKUCT and lusfort like this.
  10. pestolpeet

pestolpeet New Member

Status Points:
    is it possible to use the 2-browser for the citi ty premier and get 100k pts?

11. beaktor

beaktor Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is. I applied for both a MC and a Visa version and was approved for both on a follow-up phone call the day after. Had to reallocated credit on one card, but it went smoothly. Operator confirmed the sign-up bonuses, spend requirements, and deadline (90 days after approval day).