Citi ThankYou Points

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by adrianors, Dec 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi there,Since I recently moved to US I still working on my credit history (which until last years did not exist!). I got a credit card from Citi that gives me Thank You points, I found that they give for each 15,000 points 150$ towards a ticket purchase in any company. What would you guys say about it? Does anyone knows if that sounds good? Also, if someone had any experience with the Thank You points, would I be able to get miles through them, would that be worth? Any thoughts?

2. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which Citi card? I don't have any Citi cards but as I understand they will give you Thank You points for each mile you fly. You have to use the card to charge the flight and might have to buy the ticket via Citi's portal. I think some Citi Thank you point cards gives a bonus (25%) when using points to purchase a ticket. For example, 16000 points would be good for $200 toward a ticket.

adrianors likes this.
  3. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    The one I have right now is the City Forward.

4. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    You might want to consider upgrading to the ThankYou Preferred Card, also no fee. You should be able to get the 20K bonus points then get 2x points for dining and entertainment.

adrianors likes this.
  5. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since I just signed up for this one I guess I should wait a little but definitely will upgrade later to the Preferred.. Thanks for the tip!