Citi Thank You Points Now Transferable To Select Airlines

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Zomby Woof, Jul 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    B1BomberVB likes this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The oldest CC in my wallet, in fact my first ever, which I got in 1986, is now called Citi Forward (it's been called a bunch of other things over the years). This CC earns me TY points at 1 per $. However, its limitation has always been that the TY points earned with it cannot be transferred to any other program. So, I was very hopeful that this limitation had finally been removed when I saw the title of this thread. Not so :(:
    The Citi Forward card is not listed, meaning that the TY points that I earn with it (not very many since I hardly use the card) will keep languishing in my account as there is little that I can use them for...

4. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you get the Citi Premier with annual fee waived for the first year can you transfer them to that account and use them up?

5. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I already have too many CCs and did not want apply for yet another card just to be able to transfer TY points. What I looked into was for Citi to issue me the Citi Premier as a replacement for my 1986 Citi Forward, but keep my "member since" date on the new card as 1986, in order to avoid a dramatic decrease in the length of my credit history. They refused and that was that...

danielwood likes this.
  6. danielwood

danielwood Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope AA/US can join the list.