Citi Reduced Mileage Awards

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Exiled in Express, Jun 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    The list is now posted for Q3/2011 and is shortest I have seen in the 3 years I have had the card. Thankfully I got the planned awards I wanted during the 30th Anniversary promo so I can sit this one out, but I would be quite displeased if planning around this. The closest listed city to the Northeast is Toledo, OH and the west coast is served through American Eagle's Roswell, NM gateway. :rolleyes:

JohnDeere19, icurhere2 and jmrich1432 like this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    While I can see why it might be frustrating, planning around a "maybe" is an invitation for displeasure and no one's fault but the person who is planning.

Good thing you got in on the 30 Days deal. :)

Edited to Add: I have a Citicard but have never used the reduced awards, I find domestic redemptions to be a bad value for the most part. If they ever add international redemptions, I'd be much more keen to look at these!

3. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got my Citi Visa today (signed up for both the Visa and the Amex under the 75k promos) and saw that you could get reduced awards with it. Thanks for posting this link, because I wouldn't have known where to look for them.

I have to agree with you. I assign a "value" to miles and tend to find biz/first class international awards to be the best "deal."

4. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can't forget the addition of Arkansas and Louisiana (SHV) to the American Southwest, as AA's turning back the clock to 1803 ;)

More depressing than the geography challenge is that I might have to go to one of these destinations during the quarter ...

Remky and msv like this.
  5. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yea, but haven't been able to book anything to anywhere. Seems like flights back home all are sold out. Only thing I could find was one way to Peoria mid week. (One Seat) Nothing back home.

6. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    These aren't bad deals at all, its a nice to have and I'm happy that they do it...I just wish the list was a little more robust.