Citi Prestige Vs. Citi Executive AAdvantage Card

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 22, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Citi has two especially compelling "premium" credit cards for American flyers -- the Citi Prestige Card and the Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard. Both cards have $450 annual fees, which seem steep on the surface, though under the right conditions you can get way more value out of the cards than that. Understandably a lot of people want to minimize how much they're paying in annual fees, so I've been asked repeatedly which card is more valuable for American flyers. I figured I'd write a comparison between the two, factoring in the sign-up bonuses, return on everyday spend, and perks: The Citi Prestige Card has a sign-up bonus of 50,000 ThankYou points after spending $3,000 on the card within the first three months. I value Citi ThankYou points at 1.6 cents each, so to me that's worth ~$800. The Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard has a sign-up bonus of 75,000 AAdvnatage miles after spending $7,500 on the card within the first three months. I value AAdvantage miles at 1.8 cents each, so to me that's worth $1,350. It is worth keeping in mind that this card has a significantly higher minimum spend requirement for earning the sign-up bonus than the Prestige Card. The post Citi Prestige Vs. Citi Executive AAdvantage Card appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...