Citi Prestige 50,000 Points

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by kevmmcb, Jan 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. kevmmcb

kevmmcb Active Member

Status Points:
    When you are browsing and comparing cards on the Citi site, they have a tool for seeing which card offers may be best for you and which you may be prequalified for. You enter info similar to card match tool and get back a set of offers.

In addition to being "pre-qualified" for the Thank You Premier card, under additional offers, it showed a 50,000 point signup bonus offer for the Citi Prestige with the same $3,000 spending requirement as the standard 30,000 point bonus. I imagine YMMV, but I haven't seen any discussions of a 50,000 point offer for this card and the extra 20,000 points is significant when deciding if the $450 fee is worth it. Essentially having, at a minimum, $1,300 for AA tickets the first year makes it a no-brainer for me.

IMG_0006.PNG

Newscience likes this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could you clarify how you'd get $1,300 for AA tickets?
    Thanks.

Newscience likes this.
  3. kevmmcb

kevmmcb Active Member

Status Points:
    50,000 points x 1.6 cents/point when using Thank You points to book AA Flights = $800
    $250 airfare credit for each of 1st 2 calendar years (one fee) = $500
    Total = $1,300

May even get more value with strategic use of new transfer partners.

MX and Newscience like this.
  4. Corridor

Corridor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget to account for the annual fee. That is $450. Brings your total down to $850. Still good but not the same.

5. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:

$850 is still better than AMEX PLAT which also does $450 annual fee but only $200 airline credit.

Don't forget the airline lounge passes($400??) and Global Entry Credit($100)>
    Citi web site Prestige shows Global Entry $100 credit but rep on phone couldn't concur!!