Citi not matching offers after applying for a card?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by squinlavin, Mar 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. squinlavin

squinlavin Member

Status Points:
    My fiance used the wrong application link for the Citi Hilton Reserve card and we missed out on the $100 statement credit. They said my only option was to cancel the card (that I haven't even received yet) and reapply. They said it is their policy and "for safety" that they can't alter an application after it has been approved. I told them it is just a computer issue and that it can easily be applied to my account and that Chase does it all the time. They didn't budge and I informed her if I had to cancel and reapply I would most likely not be reapplying.

Any other experience with this?

2. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    Citi is actually a good bank who has waived my annual fee twice.(Not like AMex)!!!!

Call Chase and ask how they can change the offer internally and then ask for a Citi account manager to help review options.

Possibly you've run into the same crap I see at Amercian Express where nobody will modify the process to accomodate a change in reward programs without a new application.

BTW- I dislike AMEX's professionalism so much I filed a BBB compaint which BBB upheld!

gconnery likes this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I signed up for the 75k Citi AA Executive card offer right before the 100k offer came to light. I used online secure messaging to ask them to give me the bigger offer instead. They wrote back saying I'd have to mail in a copy of the 100k offer I received as they had no record of sending it to me. I re-explained (as mentioned in my initial note) that the offer was available at Admirals Clubs and online, and I had provided a link that anyone could use. They replied giving me the bigger offer.

gconnery, satman40 and LETTERBOY like this.
  4. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did EXACTLY the same thing. Tried twice. Even sent in the 100k offer details as requested after the 2nd refusal (just use google image search, you'll find pics you can photoshop of the AC card offer) and still didn't get the 100k bump that apparently others have received. Course I've also gotten a LOT of Citi AA cards in the last while so they might not be inclined to add to my stash (got three of the 50K Platinum VISA's last fall for example) before they shut that down. Don't know if that had anything to do with it.

5. squinlavin

squinlavin Member

Status Points:
    Thanks guys, I'm going to try and save a PDF of the the app that includes the $100 statement and see what I can do.