Citi HHonors Visa Bonus

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by deant, Apr 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Citi has just increased their sign up bonus for the Citi HHonors Visa card. In the past, they typical bonus was 30K points. They just changed that to 40K. No annual fee. Only issue is that the earnings are not as good as the Amex HHonors card. But this works as a good backup for places that don't accept Amex.

www.creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/hilton-hhonors-visa-signature-card/

2soonold likes this.
  2. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank for posting this. Citi and I seem to be not sympatico. I've been doing a work around on the Citi cards for the last year. Citi has been making no money on me; and Hilton has been making less money on me than they could have;). 10,000 more points could get me back to the table.

3. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for comparing it to Citi's previous offers. If this is better than most of their offers, I guess I should pull the trigger!

4. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    40k still seems rather light, that can't even get you one night in a category 7 hotel (award chart).

5. Halothane
    Original Member

Halothane Silver Member

Status Points:
    Amex card only gives 20,000 for their no annual fee card.

6. sagefemme52
    Original Member

sagefemme52 Silver Member

Status Points:
  7. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone had any luck with churning this card? Mrs. PedroNY closed this account over 2 years ago, I know Citi changed their rules since that time, just wondering if anyone tried with this new bonus.

Thank you,

PedroNY

8. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got this card in march 2010 then canceled it in january 2010. I was told by the csr when canceling it i would have to wait 90 days to reapply. i did not think much of it since i was onto using the aa citi card. i applied for this 40k card one week ago. I was approved and last night after activiating the card I called CSR and they confirmed 40k after 1k spend. I even got an email today confirming the 40k for 1k spend. it appears this might be churnable

9. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a follow up, Mrs. PedroNY signed up, was approved, spent $1,000. So we will see what happens when the cycle closes. If this is churnable, it could be very exciting.

10. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even better, 50K for $1500 spend/6 months: http://h1.hiltonhhonors.com/a/hBN3dPJB73n2AB8bEAPCKrR1qcL/hhon3

The link takes you directly to the app page. I don't have a link for the landing/splash page, but FTers vouched for this, and after I took the leap of faith I got an email from Citi stating the following:
    I received this card several years ago (and got bonus), and closed it ~fall 2009. Given that people, including my DW, are still able to churn Citi AA cards with a wait of 12-18 months after last approval (not cancellation!), I'm not surprised that waiting over 18 months since cancellation reset my "first-time account" status.

miles and smiles and PedroNY like this.
  11. jpruzins
    Original Member

jpruzins Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is this link still valid?

12. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
  13. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

Status Points:
    So far as I am aware. It certainly worked as recently as last month.

14. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Success in churning this card, I got my 42k today. I had gotten the 20k signup bonus in 2010

15. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, same here. Mrs PedroNY was able to churn, she closed her other one about a year and a half ago.